Displaying 1-20 of 62 results
Learn how we sort results
Do you want to learn how we sort our results? Read more about how courses are ranked in the search results.
Displaying 1-20 of 62 results

Construction apprenticeship training is vital for new and existing employees in construction, engineering and more.

Whether you work (or want to work) in infrastructure, commercial construction, off-site work or building houses a construction training apprenticeship provides you with the knowledge and expertise needed to carry out your role. With a focus on teamwork as well as the opportunity to gain valuable life skills, construction apprenticeship training is a surefire way to start or develop your career and start climbing the ladder within construction.

The construction sector offers a variety of roles, from welding to stonemasonry. There are apprenticeships available in several areas in the construction sector:

  • Steel work
  • Lifting technician
  • Site supervisor
  • Welding
  • Bricklaying
  • Roofing
  • Plastering
  • And more

Who can apply for a construction training apprenticeship?

Construction apprenticeship training isn’t just for school leavers, although it does offer a valuable route into the career for new starters as well. There is no age limit and apprenticeships are open to people of any age and at any career level. Apprenticeships are valuable for staff of any industry looking to learn practical, role-ready knowledge and skills and you can use the apprenticeship levy to train existing staff as well as taking on new employees. Construction training apprenticeships are offered from Level 2 (intermediate) all the way up to Level 6 (degree) and are a great way to develop the knowledge and skill set of existing staff.

Name Level Equivalent Educational Level
Intermediate 2 GCSE
Advanced 3 A Level
Higher 4,5, 6 and 7 Foundation degree and above
Degree 6 and 7 Bachelor's or master's degree

If you are a company required to pay the apprenticeships levy, you can spend your levy money on apprenticeship training and end-point assessment with a training provider on the Education & Skills Funding Agency’s Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP). We only list RoTAP approved apprenticeship providers, and you can search for courses here to find a provider to match.

Apprenticeship training must last a minimum of 12 months and 20% of the apprentice’s time must be spent on off-the-job training. You can only use funds in the account to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment for apprentices that work at least 50% of the time in England, and only up to the funding band maximum for that apprenticeship.

For employers who don’t pay the levy, support is still available. If you pay 10% of the apprenticeship training costs and the government will pay the rest (90%), up to the funding band maximum. This is known as ‘co-investment’.

What construction training apprenticeships standards are currently being offered?

  • Construction Building Level 2 and Level 3 Framework

  • Construction Civil Engineering Level 2 and Level 3 Framework

  • Construction Management Levels 4, 5, 6 Frameworks

  • Construction Specialist Level 2 and Level 3 Framework

  • Construction Technical and Professional Level 3 Framework

  • Engineering Construction Level 3 Framework

  • Engineering Construction Pipefitter Level 3 Standard

Choosing the right construction apprenticeship training provider

You can find and compare government approved, RoATP registered apprenticeship providers on our website. If you’re not sure which level is right for you or your staff you can find guides, articles and help on our apprenticeship hub.

Compare courses

Curious about the most in-demand skills in 2024?

Take me to the FREE report

Subscribe and get the latest news, discounts and giveaways sent straight to your inbox!