Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
3ds Max Jumpstart Zero to Hero
This 3ds Max Jumpstart Zero to Hero course provided by Academy Class is designed to help you learn everything required to create 3D content using 3DS Max and leads to an Autodesk Associate Certification. The 3DS Max Autodesk Certified User accredited exam was included as part of the training course.
This course will focus on learning the basics of modelling, animation, material creation, and scene generation. Learn the capabilities of the interface, how to apply toolset in the workplace and how to work efficiently. Taking this 3DS Max Jumpstart Zero to Hero course will take you past the primary level into an intermediate skill set. Delegates will also prepare for and take the Autodesk 3DS Max Certified Associate exam.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This 3DS Max 101 course has specifically been designed for the professional who wants to create 3D graphics for print or animation. Delegates often work in architectural practises, visualisation studios, production houses, advertising agencies or other such departments that work in large organisations.
Prior to attending 3DS Max 101: Jumpstart Zero to Hero, it is recommended that delegates are aware of the pre-requisites:
- attendees require only a very general knowledge of 3D and its concepts
- a basic understanding of computer hardware and software is essential
- knowledge of other digital media packages is an advantage but not a necessity
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This 3DS Max 101: Jumpstart Zero to Hero course prepares delegates to take the Autodesk 3DS Max 2014 Certified User exam, which is included in the course.
Training Course Content
During 3DS Max 101: Jumpstart Zero to Hero, delegates will cover the following:
An introduction to Autodesk 3DS Max
- Interface and workflow
- Project folder configuration
- Viewports & navigation tools
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Reference coordinate system and Snaps
- Default workspaces with enhanced menus
Creating a model
- Parametric geometries and shapes
- High and low polygon modeling
- Modeling 3D objects from 2D shapes
- Parametric modeling, polygon modeling
- Combine multiple modeling concepts to create photo-real models
- Learn to build anything you can imagine
- Scaling your model (reset Xform)
- Learn a material’s workflow
- Difference between Material and Map
- How to use material templates (Standard or Mentalray)
- How to create photo-realistic materials
- How to apply a material and control its projection with an UVW map modifier
- Open, save, create and merge materials libraries
Cameras & Views
- Create & modify cameras
- Create camera from view
- Target and free cameras
- Viewport background
- Isolation mode
- Layer properties
- Object properties
- Differences between “by layer” and “by object”
Lighting your scene
- Standard and photometric lights: advantages and disadvantages
- Distributions types photometric lights
- Self-illuminated materials
- Interior lighting techniques
- Daylight system
- Shadow types
- Studio light setup (for product rendering)
- How to animate objects and materials
- Tips & tricks
- Walk-through animation
- Select and link objects
- Schematic view
- Principles of inverse kinematics
- Auto Key and Set Key
- Track view (Curve editor and Dope Sheet)
- Populate you scene with people (populate tool)
Rendering your model
- Mental Ray® rendering
- Final gather
- Exposure control
- Rendering animations with Mental Ray®
- Rendering and animation preview
- Grab Viewport
- Panorama exporter
- Print size assistant
Spread your costs with payments in instalments! Possible to pay within 3, 6, or 12 months. Contact us for more details.
Provider: Academy Class
Academy Class is the UK's premier digital media training centre, provides manufacturer-authorized training in all areas of digital media including Print & Design, Web Design and Development, 3D & CAD, Web Marketing, Digital Video and Apple and Adobe Certification. Academy...