Financial Modeling - Cash Sweep
In this session we build a three statement operating model for a real company, which incorporates a detailed revenue forecast based on price and volume drivers. We set up a hierarchy of a series of debt items and we learn how to model the sequential debt paydown using a ‘cash sweep’ approach. Best practice modeling techniques are emphasized throughout.
Financial Modeling - Troubleshooting
This session covers a range of error-checking techniques to find and correct the most common errors found in financial models. We use a series of financial models to allow participants to practice error-checking.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- New hires who have joined the firm late and missed the in-house program
- Individuals looking to fill a knowledge gap
- Experienced bankers looking to refresh their technical skills
- Teams employed in financial strategy roles from non-banking corporations
- Graduates preparing to interview for a role in the finance sector
- Students at business school and looking for a career in finance
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Cash Sweep Learning Outcomes
- Building a detailed debt schedule
- The waterfall of debt repayments
- Building a simple cash sweep
- Modeling revolver
- Modeling a price/volume revenue forecast
Troubleshooting Learning Outcomes
- Stabilizing a model
- Making a model map
- Sanity checking a model
- Fixing a non-balancing balance sheet
- Troubleshooting techniques for cash flow statements
- Checking the model’s matrix
- Finding unidentified hard numbers
- Using Excel’s ‘Jump tool’ to trace through formulas with ease
- Using Excel to show the formulas underlying output
- Using Excel’s auditing tool to trace formulas
AMT Training - Financial Modeling Courses
For over 20 years we have been equipping analysts and associates with core skills for banking and finance. Our clients include the top ten investment banks and some of the biggest private equity firms in the world. With offices in...
Average rating 4.8Based on 24 reviews.
Find out more about this Financial Modeling - Cash Sweep and Troubleshooting (1 day) course - simply fill out your details: