Introduction to SketchUp - Live Online TrainingArmada
Introduction to SketchUp - Live Online Training
All available course dates
Introduction to SketchUp - Live Online Training
SketchUp - 2-day introductory Online SketchUp course for beginners in all industries. Live Online Training lets you participate in a real course from your place of work or home.
This SketchUp course provides beginners with a comprehensive introduction to the SketchUp software, giving delegates all of the skills needed to produce high quality 3D models.
Hands-on exercises are used to create 3D models and visualisations and to provide candidates with thorough understanding of the principal SketchUp drawing commands and techniques. These techniques can be applied across a broad spectrum of industries.
SketchUp courses are hosted by experts in 3D design, CGI and the production of visualisations and rendered images. They have been providing training in SketchUp and similar applications to industry for 20+ years.
Armada's approach to Live Online Training:
When you attend Live Online Training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
- See and hear our trainer and other delegates participating in the training.
- Allow our trainer and the other delegates to see you (if you have a webcam, and you’re agreeable).
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer to show them what you’re seeing.
Your experience will be as close as is possible to actually being in the classroom…
- The training will follow the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- It will be presented by the same certified trainers.
- We’ll post you a training guide, and send you all the information you need to participate in the training. We’ll even post you a headset and microphone if you need one.
- You’ll carry out exercises on the topic you’re being trained in, assisted by our trainer. If you’re learning to use an application and don’t have access to the software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’ll be entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
All you need is an internet-connected computer. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re here to help.
Self-funding participants can spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Introduction to SketchUp training is ideal for:
- Newcomers to SketchUp.
- Users with a small amount of SketchUp experience.
- Users who have previously used a different CAD tool and are looking to migrate to SketchUp.
Delegates should have a working knowledge of Windows®. No prior CAD or SketchUp knowledge is necessary.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this Introduction to SketchUp course, delegates receive an e-certificate confirming that they have attended and successfully completed the course.
This course typically covers the following topics:
- What is SketchUp?
- How to get around inside SketchUp
- Zoom, pan and rotate
- Understanding the XYZ axis
- Selecting toolbars
- Applying templates
- Drawing and using the pencil tool
- Drawing basic geometric shapes
- Drawing with measurements
- Drawing circles and arcs
- Sticky Geometry benefits
- Discovering layers
- Using shortcuts
- Measuring items inside SketchUp
- Information and database
- Moving and move/copy
- Simple array techniques
- Rotating objects
- Roate / copy
- Scale fractional and relative
- Making components
- Making groups
- Comparisons and benefits
- Saving components
- Reloading components
- Creating a digital warehouse
- Modelling techniques
- Using Push Pull
- Using Follow ME
- Intersecting Geometry
- Copy and Offset Faces, edges and polygons
- How to use polygons in 2D drawings
- Paint bucket
- Materials Editor
- Textures and bitmaps
- Getting to understand the Materials Editor
- What makes a good texture?
- Where to find textures
- Positioning textures
- Limits to graphics and bitmaps
- Create new scenes
- Create new styles
- Saving scenes and style
- Introduciton to animation
- Dimensions inside SketchUp
- Annotation inside SketchUp
- Printing from SketchUp
- Exporting 2D images or PDFs
Why choose Armada
4.9 stars Google Review rating
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses in 2021
5 locations across UK and live online courses
Course fees are inclusive of all relevant course documentation, posted out to delegates prior to the course.
Discounts available for multiple bookings. Delegates are also entitled to 30 days' after-course support via email.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...
Average rating 5Based on 5 reviews.