Debt Collection by Telephone: 1-Day Training, Open Course or In-House Training
If you collect money by telephone, you know that a sale isn't a sale until it is paid for and receiving payment is crucial to the organisation's success. This course will teach you strategies for dealing with different types of customers you will encounter and getting the promise for payment fulfilled.
You will receive assertiveness training for the telephone and expertise on how to engage with clients and work with them to discover if their reasons are real reasons or excuses. You will learn to end phone calls sure that you have determined how much will be paid, when, and what will happen if the client does not pay.
The learning style of this Debt Collection by Telephone course is a mix of competitions and quizzes, practical theory, practical sessions, and discussion where we can tackle any cold calling issues you have in your organisation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Anyone within your company who is charged with getting money in quickly and effectively. Cash flow is critical to a company and this course explores the best way to collect money
- This workshop is also available as in-house training and can be tailored to your organisation.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
When you leave this course, you will be equipped with the skills to engage with customers over the phone and receive prompt payment.
Training Course Content
This course will cover the following topics:
- The 3 Types of Clients: Those who can pay but they'll make you wait, those who can pay but they'll make you work, those who could pay but are having financial difficulties
- The 3 Areas of How to Collect Money: Face-to-face, over the phone, by email or letter
- Engaging with the Accounts Person: Sounding assertive, making consequences clear, sorting reasons and excuses
- Closing the Call: Making it clear how much will be paid, when, and what will happen if the client does not pay
Why choose Benchmark Training
Founded in 1987 - Proud to keep refreshing training to keep up to date and successful!
80% customers are recommendations / returning, 20% are new from marketing
Training designed to be fun, interactive and relevant
- The cost of this course is £200 + VAT and this fee covers all instruction and materials.
- Free parking is available.
- This course is also available as in-house training. Please enquire for details.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Meet your trainer and get a personal introduction to the course
Train with Benchmark - In-House or Open Courses in Leeds
If you or your organisation needs to build skills in reception work, cold calling, team leadership, personal sales, debt collection, handling difficult people, train the trainer or presentation skills, Benchmark will deliver a comprehensive one to three-day training and participants...
Corporate Training for Teams