Construction & Infrastructure LawBPP Professional Education
Construction & Infrastructure Law
Construction contributes billions every year to the UK economy and a good understanding of construction law is crucial to support and promote growth in this exciting area. This course will provide a grounding in the key areas where construction law advice is commonly given as well as fostering interest in learning more about this growing area of law.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course will be of benefit to lawyers of all levels including students and trainees and some non-lawyers (especially architects, engineers, surveyors, accountants, Human Resources) who require a grounding in construction law.
Training Course Content
Through this Introduction to Construction Law, understand the overall industry context in which construction lawyers work:
- Contentious/non-contentious split; examples of likely work for construction lawyers
- Understand in outline different procurement routes
- Understand Contracts and appointments commonly used
- Basics of Dispute resolution in construction
- Review of different procurement routes and how this impacts on legal documentation, including the use of collateral warranties
- An introduction to the use of standard form contracts in the construction industry, focussing on JCT and NEC
- Understand the circumstances in which professional appointments are used
- Review common clauses and areas of difference between clients and consultants
An introduction to security in construction:
- Collateral Warranties
- Bonds & Guarantees
Dispute Resolution in construction:
- Statutory requirements
- Background and rationale
- How it works
- Enforcement through the courts
- Litigation, including the Pre-Action Protocol for Construction & Engineering Disputes
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
BPP Professional Education - Accountancy, Tax, Financial Services, Law & Insolvency Courses
BPP Professional Education is one of the specialist examination-based and professional development training arm of the BPP Group, Europe's biggest professional education and publishing provider with 2,000 staff members across 40 countries and over 30,000 students per year. BPP Professional Education...
Find out more about this Construction & Infrastructure Law course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams