Safe Access to Electrical PanelsCentrica Business Solutions
Safe Access to Electrical Panels
The growing pressure upon company managers to ensure personnel are operating in a safe manner suggests that some level of basic training is required. This course helps raise the level of electrical safety awareness for those required to access low voltage electrical panels or enclosures, for example machine and process operators.
Using a presentation and practical approach, it looks at key aspects of electrical safety in relation to electrical panel enclosure. It examines protective device resetting, process adjustment/configuration and taking readings, as well as the requirements of current legislation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is mainly aimed at non-electrical/technical employees who, although not expected to hold specific electrical responsibilities, have a duty to their colleagues and their own personal safety through current employment legislation.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be awarded a City & Guilds Accreditation and a CPD Certificate.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- Health & Safety legislation (related to electricity in the workplace)
- Risks present when accessing a low voltage electrical enclosure or panel
- Safe working practices specific to electrical enclosure or panel access
- Resetting of a range of electrical motor thermal overloads, circuit breakers and motor drives
- Most appropriate or suitable methods to minimise the potential damage to process plant, equipment, system motors or connected equipment
- Risks related to common electrical equipment machines or process system
The cost of this course is £150 + VAT inc. acccreditation.
Centrica Business Solutions
Centrica Business Solutions believe that if a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well. This is why their electrical courses give you and / or your staff the practical skills to keep your customers safe, your business running smoothly and your career...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this Safe Access to Electrical Panels course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!