Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Organisation Development: an Overview-- 2-Day Course with CIPD Training in London
This two-day overview course of Organisation Development will enable you to travel through important areas of the topic ranging from core OD theories, through to OD interventions, as well as focusing on the role of the OD practitioner.
This course can also be provided in-house, as a cost-effective alternative for organisations with a number of people who require training. Trainers are flexible and will meet your time and location needs to tailor the course content to suit the needs of your organisation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This 2-Day Organisation Development: an Overview course is ideal for senior managers, senior HR practitioners, OD specialists, internal change agents and consultants.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course, participants will have gained important knowledge of the history of organisational development (OD), and the tools necessary to diagnose an organisation’s effectiveness. Through the use of group discussions, interactive action planning, and case studies, participants will be able to analyse their own organisations and obtain important data to decide how to initiate and manage change as well as assess their own personal development needs within the context of an OD role.
Training Course Content
The schema of content for this course is as follows:
Defining Organisation Development
- what is OD, its history and its roots?
- how can OD add value to my practice?
Our Mental Model – Our Diagnostic Filter
- what is our mental model of organisational health?
- how can we ensure our diagnostic lenses do not affect the robustness of our data collection processes and outcome?
Big System Diagnostic Tools and Frameworks
- take a tour of the various planned and systemic frameworks available from research
- apply them to audit the health of an organisation
- discuss the methodology used for diagnostic work
Planned and Emergent Change
- overview of the change literature
- managing the polarity of planned and emergent change
- macro and micro issues in planned change.
- what is it?
- what are the four families of intervention?
Group Dynamics – the Building-Blocks of Intervention
- why group skills matter
- competence in managing a group
Big System Intervention Methodology
- appreciative inquiry
- mindset or methodology?
- how can it impact on my practice?
- open space technology
- introduction to the methodology
- practical exercise: action planning and next steps
Self as Instrument
- what are the characteristics of an effective practitioner?
- our own instrumentality
Review and Action Planning
The cost for this Organisation Development: an Overview course is:
- Non-Member Price: £995 + VAT
- CIPD Member Price: £910 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...