Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Organisation Development: an Overview - 2 day course - CIPD Training
This two-day overview course of Organisation Development will enable you to travel through important areas of the topic ranging from core OD theories, through to OD interventions, as well as focusing on the role of the OD practitioner.
Participants will gain key knowledge of the history of organisational development (OD), and the tools used to diagnose an organisation’s effectiveness. The group discussions, interactive action planning, and case studies, will help participants develop the advisory skills necessary in using diagnostic models to assess the health of their organisation; obtain data to decide how to initiate and manage change; and assess their own personal development needs within the context of an OD role.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This 2-Day Organisation Development: an Overview course is ideal for senior managers, senior HR practitioners, OD specialists, internal change agents and consultants.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the history and visions of OD and the role of the OD practitioner
- Apply tools to diagnose an organisation’s effectiveness
- Advise on the role of diagnostic models in assessing the health of the organisation
- Obtain data to decide how to initiate and manage organisational changes, understand the link Between data and type of intervention
- Assess your own instrumentality and personal development needs within the context of the OD role.
All our programmes can be run in-house, where we can tailor the content to your organisation’s unique needs.
Training Course Content
The schema of content for this course is as follows:
Exploring the roots and practices of OD
- What is OD?
- What value does it add?
- Where does it come from?
- What is its relationship with HR?
- What does it look like in practice?
Working with big system organisational models and frameworks
- Understanding organisational models
- Review of planned and systemic organisational frameworks
- Using models to diagnose organisational health
The Self as instrument
- What kind of OD practitioner are you?
- Using yourself as a diagnostic instrument
- Making the most of you
The Work of OD
- OD as a consultancy process
- Getting below the surface to what really matters
- OD interventions
Live OD consultancy
Developing an OD and action plan
The cost for the Organisation Development: an Overview course is:
- Non-Member Price: £995 + VAT
- CIPD Member Price: £910 + VAT
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...