Socratic Selling Skills®
In any organisation, there is always a small number of salespeople who do most of the selling. They are the stars, and they seem to have been born to sell. But you don’t have to be a natural-born salesperson if you simply master the behaviours of one. What are those behaviours? Successful salespeople focus every interaction with a customer on learning more about that customer and his or her needs. If you learn how to ask the right questions and listen to the answers, you can position your products and services successfully. Then you will become a sales star, too. In this two-day programme, you will learn to plan a sales call, open a dialogue, uncover your customer’s needs, handle objections, resolve issues standing in the way of a sale, and close and solidify business relationships.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for sales professionals at every level.
Training Course Content
Through lectures, small-group exercises, in-the-moment coaching, and video-recorded exercises, students that attend Socratic Selling Skills® will learn:
- The seven critical steps in a successful sales dialogue (aka the Socratic Selling Process™)
- How to set a realistic goal for each sales call
- How to gather information prior to a call
- How to use a Socratic Opener™
- How to listen effectively
- The Four-Point Plan for Accurate Listening™
- How and why to use playback skills
- The use of questions, prompts, echoes, and the conditional "if"
- How to discover both business and personal motivators
- The Line of Inquiry™
- The difference between selling value and selling features
- Value links and how to create a Value Link Statement™
- How to use evidence and success stories to support your solution
- How to "specify" common objections
- How and why to "isolate" all objections
- How to handle late-stage and status quo objections
- How to foster collaboration by creating mutual goals
- How to offer "hidden treasure"
- How to offer a compromise
- How to say "no" without losing the customer
- How to summarise the sales discussion and reinforce the value link
- How to document next steps and follow-up
- How to close the discussion with a relationship-building statement
Contact Communispond for pricing information.
This course can accommodate up to 12 participants with one facilitator and 16 with two facilitators.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Communispond - building powerful professionals
Since 1969, Communispond has helped over 800,000 professionals achieve business goals by communicating with clarity and power. Communispond has remained the market leader in communication training by teaching skills and actual behaviours with highly individualized instruction. Communispond can help you...
Find out more about this Socratic Selling Skills® course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!