Foundations of Data Analytics
Foundations of Data Analytics: This course will provide fundamental techniques for data analytics, including data collection, data extraction, data integration, data cleansing, and basic machine learning techniques. The learners will learn how to manage and optimize the analytics value chain, including collecting and extracting the suitable values, selecting the right data processing, integrating the data from various resources, with programming tools such as Python. This course will also introduce data security and privacy.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Basic linear algebra
- Basic statistics
Training Course Content
- Basic statistical analysis
- The essentials of data preprocessing
- Basic machine learning techniques
- Understanding data integration
- An introduction to data security and privacy
- Python programming
- Python libraries for data preprocessing and analysis
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, a partner institute of EdX.
6-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$300
- Audit Track - Free