Bid and tender writing in-house course – a bespoke, in-house training course by Emphasis Training
This in-house course will cover best practice in bid and tender writing. Writing invitations to tender (ITT), requests for proposal (RFP) and pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ) is often an essential aspect of winning new business. With the skills learnt in this course, your team will gain the skills they need to use their bids and tenders to differentiate themselves from the competition.
Rather than the one-size-fits-all solution to writing development, Emphasis Training tailors this bid and tender writing course to the types of bids and tenders that each company or team actually writes. Emphasis Training does this by using a pre-course assessment of participants' writing samples, complete with mapped out areas of strength and improvement. With this targeted, focused approach, delegates are poised for success in improving their proposal-writing skills.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is ideal for teams and companies who are regularly required to write persuasively to win business in the form of formal requests for proposal (RFP), invitations to tender (ITT) or company-specific proposal structures. As this course is highly customisable, delegates of all writing capacities are welcome.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be able to produce bid and tender documents which:
- are structured persuasively
- answer all questions in full
- engage readers of all levels – from senior executives to compliance teams
- incorporates an understanding of 'pain points' from the client's brief
- uses winning themes and highlights benefits to the client
- are written in plain English and use an appropriate organisational tone
- make the most of an organisation's assets
- successfully manage multiple contributions
- use supporting material effectively to bolster an argument
- includes concise, compelling executive summaries
- uses effective design and layout – from readable fonts to informative graphics
- are proofread and use correct grammar and punctuation.
Training Course Content
In designing course content, Emphasis Training will create a training programme that is tailored to the specific writing needs and style of each team or company. Typical course content includes:
- setting a clear objective
- building a persuasive structure
- getting your key sales messages across
- focusing on the 'win themes'
- using executive summaries to sell decision-makers
- writing persuasively at all times
- managing multiple contributions to the bid-writing process
- choosing an appropriate style for tender writing, bid writing and other forms of proposal
- addressing the client's or prospect's needs
- establishing and building rapport
- writing confidently and clearly, for impact
- constructing sound, clear sentences
- using correct grammar and punctuation
- choosing a clear, consistent layout
- using graphics to draw clients into the sales document
- focusing on relationship building and speeding up the sale.
Emphasis Training employs focused, in-house training programmes in order to provide teams and companies with training solutions which are both customisable and cost-effective. Depending on the number of participants and specific requirements, course fees will vary.
Included in course fees
- Individual pre-course analysis of a writing sample
- Post-course writing support
*This training programme is suitable for groups of 4 or more delegates.
Emphasis Training – business-writing and communication-skills training trusted by over 5,000 organisations and 50,000 delegates worldwide.
With over 20 years of experience delivering business-writing and communication-skills training, Emphasis has built an unrivalled reputation, reaching over 50,000 satisfied delegates across the globe. Today, everyone from individuals to entire companies can learn effective business writing and communication skills...
Find out more about this Bid and Tender Writing course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!