Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Business writing for apprentices – in-house training
Investment in apprentices can introduce fresh talent and energy into a business, and in the UK, the apprenticeship levy has meant that recruiting and training talented apprentices makes more sense than ever before. This course from Emphasis is designed to directly benefit these apprentices and has been developed with some of their clients to give the maximum benefit and learning in business-writing skills.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at any apprentice in your organisation who has to write in a professional environment.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- get their document’s key messages across – without pointless waffle
- avoid making grammar and punctuation errors
- build a logical structure into any document, from proposals to emails, letters to reports
- understand the crucial fundamentals of effective document design
- get writing and claw back time lost to writer’s block
- match their tone and level of language precisely to their readers
- bring a new level of confidence to their writing.
Training Course Content
Why good writing pays off
- From academic to business writing
- Putting the reader first
- Having a clear objective
- Overcoming writer’s block
- Assembling the facts
Structuring longer documents
- Building a persuasive argument
- Making the information flow
Intros and endings
- Building rapport quickly
- Making endings memorable
Writing effective email
- Email etiquette
- Do’s and don’ts
- Reader-centred writing
- Make your writing active
- Writing in plain English
- Structuring your sentences for easy reading
- Confident grammar
- Perfect punctuation
- Effective proofreading
Contact Emphasis for more information and pricing details.
Emphasis Training – business-writing and communication-skills training trusted by over 4,000 organisations and 40,000 delegates worldwide.
With over 18 years of experience delivering business-writing and communication-skills training, Emphasis has built an unrivalled reputation, reaching over 40,000 satisfied delegates across the globe. Today, everyone from individuals to entire companies can learn effective business writing and communication skills...
Find out more about this Business writing for apprentices course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.
The King's Fund chooses Emphasis to improve their overall writing standard.