Level 1: Certificate in Energy Management EssentialsEnergy Institute
Level 1: Certificate in Energy Management Essentials
This introductory 5 day classroom course provides a comprehensive, practical overview of the fundamentals of energy management, equipping participants with all the essential knowledge and skills they need to save energy, reduce operational costs and carbon emissions, comply with legislation and meet their organisation's environmental goals.
Course topics include monitoring and targeting, energy auditing, solution development, as well as regulations and standards. As part of this course Participants will conduct a supervised energy audit visit to a plant room and cover writing an audit report.
They will also be well prepared to move on to the Level 2 course to gain the Energy Institute Level 2 Certificate in Energy Management.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should take this course:
- Those looking to begin a career in energy management or have recently taken up a role with energy management responsibilities
- Those looking to conduct internal energy audits for ESOS (with guidance and sign-off from a qualified ESOS Lead Assessor)
- Those who would like to refresh their knowledge before pursuing an EI upper-level training course
- Those coming from a wide range of fields including procurement, facilities management, finance, CSR and sustainability, who want to gain a better understanding of the field of energy management.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the course, students will achieve the Energy Institute Level 1 Certificate in Energy Management Essentials. They will also be well prepared to move on to the Level 2 course to gain the Energy Institute Level 2 Certificate in Energy Management.
This course also meets the prior-knowledge requirement for attending an International register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certified Energy Management Systems (ISO 50001) Auditor/Lead Auditor Training course.
Training Course Content
- Introduction to energy management – building an energy management process.
- Metering and buying
- Metering monitoring and targeting techniques
- Regulations and standards
- Energy auditing in practice
- Energy auditing: report writing
- Energy management solutions
- Energy management: project development
- Mounting an effective staff awareness campaign
The tuition fee for EI Member - £1,855
Tuition fee for Non-Member - £1,660
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Energy Institute - Open and Online Courses in Energy Management, Oil and Gas and Risk Management
The Energy Institute (EI) is the professional body for the energy industry, delivering good practice and professionalism across the depth and breadth of the sector. The EI is the leading chartered professional membership body for the energy industry, supporting over...
Find out more about this Level 1: Certificate in Energy Management Essentials course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!