Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training (RQF) (Online)
The Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training provides you with the essential skills and knowledge to become a REPs recognised Personal Trainer through quality training and expert tutors.
Each package will increase your employability as a personal trainer, provide you with a wider potential client base and enhances your own professional development. Once qualified you will be able to work on a self-employed basis, train clients in an environment of your choice, or become employed by a gym or fitness setting.
You will develop a deeper understanding of how to create advanced fitness plans and provide consultations; giving you the ability to utilise a full range of activities for your clients.
Those studying the course online will need to have access to a gym and gym equipment to meet practical aspects of this course to achieve your diploma. You should be able to demonstrate competence working with a number of participants (minimum of 2) on subjects such as nutrition, goal planning, exercise preparation/instruction & adaption. You will need to provide records and audio-visual evidence. To do this, you will need access to a gym or fitness setting and the supervision of a qualified instructor to meet healthy and safety requirements and to witness your work.
As online learning is self-paced, students can take as little or a long as they wish to complete the programme. All online gym instructor students are supported by personal tutors, who are themselves expert fitness instructors and gym instructors, available to reach by phone or email.
Suitability - Who should attend?
There are no entry requirements start this course straight away, but a level of physical fitness is necessary and some experience of gym based exercise is recommended. However, working experience in the fitness industry is not mandatory.
You will not need to study the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing before you enrol on this course. No prior qualifications are necessary.
Training Course Content
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise – The Skeletal System
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise – The Muscular System
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise – The Musculoskeletal System
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise – Postural and Core Stability
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise – The Respiratory System
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health – The Heart & Circulation
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health – The Nervous System
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health – The Endocrine System
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health – The Energy Systems
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Principles of nutrition and guidelines
- Clients and nutrition – Collating Information and Advice
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Exercise Safety and Monitoring
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Planning gym-based exercise tasks – consultation and goal setting
- How to Instruct gym-based exercise
- Instruct gym-based exercise tasks
- Understanding programming personal training with clients
- Planning a personal training programme for the individual
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Delivering personal training tasks
The price of this course is £1178 (or £589 for first-time students). Please enquire for more information.
Future Step Education
Future Step Education is an established training provider offering vocational qualifications in the teaching and fitness sectors. Our courses are delivered either live at our training centre in South East London or nationally, online. Our staff are highly qualified and...
Future Step Education
Average rating 4.5Based on 2 reviews
Tell us what kind of professional training you're looking for and we'll put you in touch with relevant training providers who will send you a quote.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!