Production Assurance - Troubleshooting and Guidelines in Oil & Gas Operations
Production Assurance - Troubleshooting and Guidelines in Oil & Gas Operations - A 5-Day Training Course
During the remaining lifetime of an oil or gas field, the application of economic methods in the treatment process is a prerequisite for ensuring compliance with specifications for the gas, oil, and water phase.
This course bridges the gap between process technology and production chemistry. It includes aspects common to operational issues such as organic precipitates (asphaltenes and waxes), water treatment and quality for re-injection, causes of non-effective treatment plants, modern ways of optimising treatment units, corrosion prevention and rules of bacteria in oil and gas production, scale formation, as well as system surveillance strategies.
Based on practical experience, possible causes of failure in production operation are explained and discussed in detail.
The course focuses on practical onsite experience. Case histories (video support) and practical examples will be subdivided into the following sections: System description, theoretical background, failure potentials, weak points and recommendation to mitigate possible negative production effects or to prevent further damage in the operational system.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Production Assurance training course has been specifically designed for you, if you are:
- An engineer, project manager, production chemist, or a member of field operational staff currently or potentially involved in natural gas or oil production and storage operations
- Seeking an overview of sustainable improvements in the gas/oil production process
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- The efficiency of oil and gas treatment systems
- Modern concepts against asphaltene and wax precipitation
- Formation of Naphthenates in oil production
- The impact of chemicals in oil and gas production and treatment
- How to identify weaknesses in the production and treatment train
- Definition and monitoring water quality for re-injection
- The rules for Oxygen in production and material selection
- How to control and improve the efficiency of treatment units
- The impact of SRB’s in oil and gas production
- The use of hydrates and hydrate inhibitors in gas production
- The conditions for scale formation in treatment systems
- Sustainable stimulation concepts to assure well capacity
- The interpretation of chemical analyses from bailer samples
- Corrosion in water treatment and injection systems
- Application of flow analyses in treatment unit by tracers
- Interpretation of demulsifier screening processes
- Rules of Halite precipitation in condensate treatment processes
Training Course Content
The Production Assurance - Troubleshooting and Guidelines in Oil & Gas Production Operations training programme will cover the following units:
- Elimination of organic precipitates in oil production
- Inhibitor and tracer screening and its application
- Water quality and impact on re-injection systems
- Main causes of non-effective treatment plants
- Impact of retention time on separation processes
- Methods for getting reliable samples for further analyses
- SRB’s activity and MIC in oil and gas production
- Evaluation of different gas dehydration processes
- Rules of sulphate, carbonate and NORM scale formation
- Overview of scale calculating programs
- How to control corrosion in production operation
- Production operation in the tail-end phase of oil fields
- Troubleshooting in gas dehydration systems
- Formation of halite scale in gas production and storage
- Troubleshooting in treatment plants for tail-end production
- Modern aspects in screening corrosion inhibitors
- Interpretation aids of commercial well treatment chemicals
The course fee includes tuition, course material, refreshments and lunch per session day and a 100 EURO non-refundable registration fee. Course fees do NOT include accommodation or living costs. Applicable taxes will be added.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
The HOT Energy Group - A Multidisciplinary Consultancy with Global Activities
The HOT Energy Group (HOT) is a technology driven, multidisciplinary and independent organisation serving the oil & gas industry in its pursuit of recovery and field operations optimisation. With more than three decades of specialist experience in the subsurface domain,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for HOT Engineering
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4.5Based on 2 reviews
Find out more about this Production Assurance - Troubleshooting and Guidelines in Oil & Gas Operations course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!