- 30 years' experience providing world-class training.
- 20 learning centers throughout the UK.
- 300 learning professionals who are experts in their field.
- 500k training days delivered every year.
- 6000 clients including 80% of the FTSE 250.
- Course type: Essentials
- Course code: CSWITCH
- Duration: 5 Days
- Exam included: Not applicable
- Pre-course work included: Not applicable
- Saving when enrolled through Hudson: £199
- Course delivery: choose between classroom or 'Attend from Anywhere' (i.e. live online class)
- QA price: £2994 inc VAT
- Hudson price: £2795 inc VAT
- Saving: £199
- Network professionals who need to correctly implement switch-based solutions given a network design using Cisco IOS services and features. The typical job roles for this type of professional are Network Engineers, Network Operations Center (NOC), technical support personnel, or help desk technicians.
- Any individual involved in network operations and support.
- Describe the hierarchical campus structure, basic switch operation, use of SDM templates, PoE, and LLDP
- Implement VLANs, trunks, explain VTP, implement DHCP in IPv4 and IPv6 environment, and configure port aggregation
- Implement and optimize STP mechanism that best suits your network - PVSTP+, RPVSTP+, or MST
- Configure routing on a multilayer switch
- Configure NTP, SNMP, IP SLA, port mirroring, and verify StackWise and VSS operation
- Implement First Hop redundancy in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Secure campus network according to recommended practices
- Analyzing Campus Network Structure
- Comparing Layer 2 and Multilayer Switches
- Using Cisco SDM Templates
- Implementing LLDP
- Implementing PoE
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Introducing VTP
- Implementing DHCP
- Implementing DHCP for IPv6
- Configuring Layer 2 Port Aggregation
- Implementing RSTP
- Implementing STP Stability Mechanisms
- Implementing Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol
- Implementing Inter-VLAN Routing Using a Router
- Configuring a Switch to Route
- Configuring Network Time Protocol
- Implementing SNMP Version 3
- Implementing IP SLA
- Implementing Port Mirroring for Monitoring Support
- Verifying Switch Virtualization
- Configuring Layer 3 Redundancy with HSRP
- Configuring Layer 3 Redundancy with VRRP
- Configuring Layer 3 Redundancy with GLBP
- Configuring First Hop Redundancy for IPv6
- Implementing Port Security
- Implementing Storm Control
- Implementing Access to External Authentication
- Mitigating Spoofing Attacks
- Securing VLAN Trunks
- Configuring Private VLANs
- Lab 1: Network Discovery
- Lab 2: Configure DHCP
- Lab 3: Configure DHCPv6
- Lab 4: Configure EtherChannel
- Lab 5: Implementing Rapid Spanning Tree
- Lab 6: Improving STP Configuration
- Lab 7: Configure MST
- Lab 8: Configure Routing Between VLANs Using a Router
- Lab 9: Configure Routing on a Multilayer Switch
- Lab 10:Configure NTP
- Lab 11:Configure Network Monitoring Using IP SLA
- Lab 12: Configure HSRP With Load Balancing
- Lab 13: Configure VRRP With Load Balancing
- Lab 14: Implement GLBP
- Lab 15: Configure HSRP for IPv6
- Lab 16:Controlling Network Access Using Port Security
Hudson - Leaders in Learning
Hudson provide high spec e-learning to the consumer and corporate market all over the world. The majority of our online training is accessible across most devices including laptop, desktop, tablet, and smart phones. Our courses are designed to fit around...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!