Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
The Mechanics of Project Finance - Distance Learning Course
This intensive 16-week course, The Mechanics of Project Finance, offers delegates the opportunity to master the skills of the field via exclusively online study. Further, this course is accompanied by an optional postgraduate accreditation from Middlesex University London.
Via 6 comprehensive modules and the choice between two elective paths, course participants will study the complexities of modern project financing, beginning with basic concepts and concluding with the nuances of various sectors, such as the oil & gas industry. With a convenient modular format, delegates are able to study at their own pace and set their own schedules.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This online training programme will be most beneficial to professionals working in the following areas:
- Business Development, Portfolio Management & Credit Function
- Energy, Mining, Infrastructure & PFI/PPP
- Public Services
- Insurance Brokerage & Advising
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Accredited option - Post Graduate Certificate with Middlesex University
This Project Finance course is now available with an optional accreditation from the Middlesex University London. For delegates who opt for accreditation, a post graduate certificate will be awarded upon completion of all course requirements.
In addition to studying the eight units and passing eight short self assessment tests after each unit, delegates will need to submit a 2,000 word assignment at the end of the course which will be assessed. The assignment will be a cumulative project that you will work through and build upon during each stage of the course.
Training Course Content
The course will include the following content:
Module 1: An Introduction to Project Finance
- What is "Project Finance" - How Does it Differ From Other Forms of Lending?
- Who Uses Project Finance and Why?
- Key Characteristics of Project Finance
- Disadvantages fpr Borrowers and Sponsors
- Risk and Reward Relationships of the Players
Module 2: Qualitative Risk Identification, Analysis & Mitigation (A)
- Sponsor Risk
- Country and Political Risk
- Risks of the Project Itself
Module 3: Qualitative Risk Identification, Analysis & Mitigation (B)
- Risks of the Project Itself
Module 4: Quantitative Risk Analysis and Debt Sizing/Structuring
- The Borrower and Sponsor Objectives
- Use of Different Techniques by Borrower to Assess Project Attractiveness
- The Banker's Objectives
- Debt Sizing & Sculpting
Module 5: Documenting the Deal
- The Documentation Process
- A Recap on Syndicated Debt Terminology with Special Reference to Project Finance
- The Key "Command & Control" Mechanisms in Project Finance Agreements
- Borrower and Sponsor Needs and "Hot Buttons"
Module 6: The Project Finance Time-Line & Project Finance Security-Taking
- Steps in the Project Finance Process
- Lender Security
- Relative Value of Different Security Types
- Security in Challenging Locations
- Key Security Instruments
ELECTIVE PATH A – TWO MODULES TO COMPLETE
- Module 1: Infrastructure Project Finance
- Module 2: PPP/PFI Project Finance
ELECTIVE PATH B – TWO MODULES TO COMPLETE
- Elective Module 1: Oil & Gas/Mining Project Finance
- Elective Module 2: Conventional & Renewable Power Project Finance
Pricing for this course is as follows:
Without Middlesex University Certificate
With Middlesex University Certificate
|UK Individual or UK Company||£2,299 + VAT||£2,599 + VAT|
|Eu Individuals or EU Non-VAT Registered Company||£2,299 + VAT||£2,599 + VAT|
|EU VAT registered Company||£2,299 (VAT free)||£2,599 (VAT free)|
|Individual or Company Outside the EU||£2,299 (VAT free)||£2,599 (VAT free)|
As one of the world's leading specialist financial training organisations, The International Faculty of Finance, provides participants in the global financial markets with intensive technical training programmes designed to help them succeed on the global stage. Established in 1991 we...
Find out more about this The Mechanics of Project Finance course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!