Innovation for Business Leaders - 1-day Programme
This course will inform and shape the design parameters for innovation initiatives to ensure alignment with business strategy. It will support individuals in the leadership, management and governance of innovation within their organisations.
Through the use of tools and techniques, participants will understand how to build and validate a new business model, improve organisational readiness to support innovation and create a sustainable innovation capability to drive performance excellence. The use of creativity as a catalyst for achieving high performing teams and transformational business processes will be addressed. The course will also examine the use of competitive intelligence in enabling effective decision-making to target opportunities and accelerate business model innovation.
Why you should attend
- Build innovation into the strategy development process
- Design innovative, go-to-market strategies that drive growth
- Create more value and secure a competitive advantage
- Identify and exploit new markets that are uncontested
- Apply creative strategies to market your business offerings
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at Business Leaders who wish to apply innovation more strategically and systematically to improve business performance and ultimately drive growth.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of the programme, participants will be eligible for a Certificate from the Institute of Innovation & Knowldge Exchange as well as a full membership of the Institute.
Training Course Content
- Aligning innovation with business strategy
- Using tools and techniques such as Business Model Canvas, Design Thinking, Value Proposition and Minimum Viable Offer, Value Disciplines, ValueCurve Innovation and Blue Ocean Strategy, Empathy Mapping and Customer Journey to develop and assess business case scenarios
- Exploring the impact of markets and industries forces on developing and sustaining innovation
- Developing effective innovation governance
- Identifying and sponsoring innovation projects
- Assessing innovation competencies and ways to develop innovation talent
- Identifying conditions of high performing cultures to facilitate better innovation
- Establishing key performance indicators for your innovation initiatives
Business Model Innovation (why)
- Assessing the Innovation Index
- Reinventing the business model (the S Curve in different horizons)
- Identifying where innovation could happen (Process, Offering, Finance, Delivery)
- Business Model Canvas (building the business case) and the go-to-market plan
Enablement - tools & processes (how)
- Decision making and visual thinking
- Design thinking and creativity tools for senior managers
- Clustering and prioritising techniques for new propositions
Commitment to an Innovation Culture
- Active innovation leadership (behaviours and attitudes)
- Enabling an intrepraneurial capability
- Creating core competencies around innovation development
- Forming team-X (transformational teams)
- Recognising innovation intrinsically and extrinsically
- Enabling knowledge capture and management
- Governance structures for innovation investment
- Responsibility and accountability of innovation leadership
- Innovation pipeline management
Propositions & Innovation Portfolio Management
- Developing a balanced portfolio (organic or acquisition) using three horizons in relation to goals
- Assessing and shaping the value (created and captured) in relation to innovation investment
- Understanding certainty, timing and risk in the context of innovation portfolio management
- Understanding the types of innovation to shape the portfolio in relation to strategic importance
The cost of this course is £840 + VAT
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
The Institute of Innovation and Knowledge Exchange - Helping Innovators & Companies Grow
The Institute of Innovation and Knowledge Exchange (IKE) is the UK's professional body for innovators. IKE accredits and certifies innovation practices, and influences the inter-relationship between education, business, and government through research and collaborative networks. Their Innovation Manifesto highlights a long-term...
Average rating 4.9Based on 21 reviews
Find out more about this Innovation and Strategy for Business Leaders course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
4,350 USD-6,450 USD
Vocational & College Courses