Presentation Skills (Virtual Classroom)
Learn how to present ideas with confidence, credibility and professionalism. Understand communication styles to improve your preparation and practise. Get your pacing right and learn how to create strong slides that complement your presentation. Overcome anxiety and power up your confidence.
You will learn to:
- Understand what good preparation looks like
- Develop a deeper understanding of you and your audience
- Develop the skills of effective presentation
- Present with increased credibility, professionalism and impact.
- Become personally confident in yourself and your capabilities as a presenter
Suitability - Who should attend?
Why the topic is important
In the changed world in which we live and work, many things about presentations remain the same. For the presenter, there is the chance to prepare and deliver a fresh idea. And their audience has the chance to leave the meeting, having had their thinking changed in a way that is useful to them. And yet how we are presenting and being presented to has undergone a significant shift.
And whilst every presentation is still very much an opportunity for change, how you approach and deliver presentations in the video world in order to make that difference, will need to change too. To get to this point requires a journey, bringing things with you that worked well before; and learning to adapt to what it takes to present well in this new place.
As we’ll be living with video for a while longer, how do you go about making a successful presentation over a screen? How do you create a moment where you can convey your idea, hear others and have everyone contribute and leave with value? How do you prepare, perform and build your personal confidence to enable you to do this?
What will the course do to support your marketing activities
It will enable you to get your ideas understood more readily, perform well and with impact when it comes to presentations and to create more successful outcomes as a result through:
- Building a sound approach to preparation and practise
- Understanding yourself and your audience more fully
- Developing flexibility in your style and approach
- Making an impact presenting over video
- Developing confidence in your skills to deliver your material
Training Course Content
- Introductions and goal setting: what do you want to be different after this session?
- Defining success: what does a successful presentation look, sound and feel like?
- Setting goals and getting on purpose: asking the right question to set you off in the right direction
Preparation and practise
- You: Understanding your communication style
- Your audience: Understanding their communication style
- What does good practise look like
- Pace it right: gauging your pace and how to speed up/slow down
- Slide rules: how to create good slides that compliment your presentation
- Team presentations: some rules for smooth team presentations
- First impressions
- Good endings and good beginnings
- Practical I: a chance to present a short piece to the group with feedback
- Using language for impact
- Developing your vocal toolkit
- The body language that says confident and credible
- Practical II The opportunity to re-present your presentation
- Present again using the learning from Performance I
- Reflect on changes in your style
Personal confidence I
- The purpose of fear: why it’s a good thing and how to harness it
- Anxiety: three types of anxiety, find yours.
- Adrenalin: take control of your energy and let it work for you
- Visualisation lists: focus on the good things for a good result
- Visualisation scripts: create and run a successful outcome in your mind
Personal confidence II
- A discovery session to power up your confidence enabling you to:
- Identify when you are at your most confident
- What is happening? What are you doing, thinking, saying?
- What affects your confidence?
- What useful purpose does this serve?
- Examining the assumptions that underpin this.
- Review of your goals: what difference will you make with what you’ve learned?
- What’s next: what else do you need to do?
- Barriers to change: what might get in the way?
- Removing the barriers: how will you approach the barriers?
- Your action plan: leave with development goals for you as a presenter.
Course delivery details
Virtual Classroom: Tutor-led, live, online classroom environments
Why choose Institute of Data & Marketing
Over 30 years experience as a leading awarding body for qualifications in data & digital marketing
Over 100,000 people have attended our courses
Over 15,000 marketers have earned a professional certification with us
Members - £400 + VAT
Non-members - £450 + VAT
Institute of Data and Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...
Find out more about this Presentation Skills (Virtual Classroom) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.