Finance for Non-Finance Directors
This course gives you a comprehensive overview of corporate finance and helps you grasp the key concepts and terminology that you need to know to understand your organisation’s financial position.
This programme spans over three days and provides you with vital knowledge required of all directors in the modern business environment. The ultimate goal of the course is to demystify the world of finance, allowing you to monitor the financial health of your business, evaluate business plans with confidence and contribute more effectively to boardroom discussion. You will also gain an insight into your financial responsibilities as a company director and the tools to perform your duties effectively.
“An excellent course for someone venturing into this field for the first time, and extremely well presented throughout.” Captain Ian McNaught, Deputy Master, Trinity House
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for directors, senior executives or aspiring directors looking to improve their understanding of corporate finance terms and principles.
This course unit is also part of the IoD Certificate in Company Direction and may be taken independently or as part of the qualification
Training Course Content
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify the financial role and responsibilities of directors
- Interpret financial statements in accordance with accounting principles and standards
- Establish the financial health of a business using accepted financial ratios
- Distinguish between management accounts and the statutory financial reports of a company
- Differentiate between the various sources of finance available to a company and their relative advantages and disadvantages
- Interpret the key components of capital investment Appraisal
Why choose Institute of Directors
Founded in 1903
Qualifications for directors under Royal Charter
Delivered in-company training in more than 40 countries over the last three years
- Member rate: £2995
- Non-Member rate: £3595
The Institute of Directors - Professional Development Programs and Courses
The Institute of Directors (IoD) offers an extensive suite of learning and development programs, specially designed for directors and senior leaders. For over a century, the IoD has been at the forefront of director development, championing training and representing the...