IP Due Diligence & Freedom to Operate in Practice
A properly conducted due diligence search can lead to many opportunities for both buyers and sellers, including long-term relationships and new business synergies, and this intensive one-day course will give you invaluable insight into the best practice of organising and conducting an efficient and thorough IP due diligence project.
Attending this event will ensure that you know how to mitigate the risks involved and will give you practical advice on balancing internal resources and outside expertise to the best advantage. The programme will help you understand the vital aspects of an FTO analysis from a US and EU perspective.
You will also benefit from the experience of the expert faculty during the discussion session and get the solutions you need to your questions.
Key topics to be covered include:
- Types of IP due diligence
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Sale of IP assets
- Freedom to operate (FTO)
- Best practices for organising an IP due diligence project
- Developing comprehensive checklists
- Aligning project scope with business goals
- Parts of a due diligence evaluation
- Evaluating the patent portfolio
- Mitigating the risks
- Communicating results
- Focus on FTO projects
- Best practices for when to do and how to do an FTO analysis
- Validity and infringement analysis: US and European perspectives
- US options for dealing with blocking patents
- Dealing with FTO risks: never black and white
Upcoming start dates
7 March, 2024
- Self-Paced Online
4 June, 2024
23 September, 2024
- Self-Paced Online
4 December, 2024
Suitability - Who should attend?
Why you should attend
By attending this one-day intensive seminar, you will:
- Gain practical advice from highly rated experts on how best to prepare for your due diligence and FTO projects
- Learn to identify when due diligence and FTO projects are desirable and how to determine what the scope should be
- Improve your understanding of the risks around ownership and learn how to minimise these risks
- Communicate due diligence results effectively while protecting confidential and privileged information
- Understand your obligations if the deal doesn’t go through
- Be prepared for the FTO questions that will be raised by your client/company when they want to use new technology or expand existing technology
- Understand which FTO questions you should ask to make the most of your time and budget
- Discuss best practices for setting up and conducting a thorough analysis
- Gain valuable insight into infringement and validity analysis in Europe and the US
- Take away practical advice on leveraging the European and US systems to your advantage
- Learn to evaluate, minimise and communicate risk effectively
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4.6
Excellent training. The fact that several caselaw and practices were confronted (US, UK , EPO, DE) and also some speaker working in the industry, other working in IP firm. It wa...
Very interesting and inspiring course and very good speakers!
it was a good mixture of different aspects of this rather complex issue