The Role of the Senior HR Manager
This programme has been specifically designed for those HR professionals who operate at, or aspire to operate at, a senior level within their business, particularly those who work closely with senior and operational decision-makers.
The event focuses on the role of the HR manager with senior accountability and responsibilities for the effective deployment of the human resource, the most expensive asset within a business. Case study activities based on a business scenario will be included, encouraging participants to apply strategic thinking to the HR agenda, identifying potential, mitigating risk and planning for the future direction of the business. The knowledge, skills and behaviours required to act effectively at a senior level, including influencing and communicating with stakeholders on commercial aspects, are highlighted via the discussion exercises and the proposals made for the recommended strategy for the case study company. These exercises culminate in personal action plans that transfer the lessons learned to the situations of the participants attending, making the programme individually relevant and beneficial.
Highly participative throughout, the programme provides an opportunity to network with fellow professionals and to explore the changing role that is synonymous with seniority in the HR field. Attending this event is an invaluable use of a busy HR professional’s time.
Benefits of attending:
- Develop a broader commercial awareness to understand the impact of human capital on the business agenda
- Raise your profile within the business and take your team with you into the strategic arena
- Compare your current modus operandi against some of the leading-edge developments in HR
- Identify the core business needs for which human capital has the solution
- Innovate the strategic thinking of your organisation
- Communicate your strategic plans in a commercially aware and results-focused way
- Guide your senior leaders and organisation through successful human capital change programmes
- Challenge perceptions and inertia within the team and organisation
- Secure buy-in from influential stakeholders
- Elevate your impact at senior levels within your organisation
Upcoming start dates
9 May, 2024
- Self-Paced Online
26 November, 2024
- Self-Paced Online
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4.4
An engaging and insightful course. The two days went by very quickly and I did not feel at any point that it was irrelevant to me.
Very informative speaker.
[The speaker is] very experienced, "gets" HR in a modern business context. Good use of examples from her other consulting work.