Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
The PhD in Engineering is an exciting cutting-edge research-based program, with a wide range of advanced courses and a major research component that provides in-depth grounding in the particular engineering field of interest. The program is delivered by experienced international faculty who are actively engaged in cutting-edge research. The PhD in Engineering program provides excellent training for those aiming to pursue a career in scientific research, academia and industry.
Upcoming start dates
Fall Term: September Spring Term: January
- Abu Dhabi
- Completion of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum CGPA of 3.25 out of 4.0, or equivalent from a reputable accredited institution
- A minimum level of English proficiency in the form of: iBT TOEFL (internet-based test) score of 91 or equivalent, or overall academic IELTS score of 6.5, or 1550 EmSAT English score
- A minimum quantitative score of 150 in the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form)
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)
- Research statement (500-1,000 words)
- Admission interview.
The PhD in Engineering program consists of a major research component that culminates in a PhD Dissertation and 24 credits of taught courses that cover advanced topics in the various engineering disciplines of the program. Teaching is delivered through a combination of lectures and projects. During the research component of the program, you will have the opportunity to work with experts in your field of interest using stateof-the-art facilities and techniques.
Local students have the option to complete the program as part-time, stretched over 6 years.
The program costs are waived for both local and international students.