Advanced Learning and Development PracticeLondon Business Training & Consulting
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The position and contribution of L&D to an organisation.
- The essential technical skills and knowledge that underpin the L&D profession and which are crucial to success in most L&D roles.
- Various aspects of the training cycle in more depth, taking your learning to a more specialist level.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- HR managers and executives.
- Those who work in learning and development (L&D), training or HRD (human resources development).
- Those preparing for an L&D role.
- L&D professionals, practitioners, advisers, facilitators and partners.
- Trainers, training officers and instructors.
- Learning and organisational development consultants.
- Learning curators and champions.
- Workplace assessors
- Curriculum designers
- Digital learning designers
- Senior officers and assistants employed within the HR function of their organisation who wish to contribute to L&D practice.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
Learning and Development and the Organisation
- Understanding organisations
- Why are organisations established?
- Different types of organisation
- The learning and development function
Identifying Learning and Development Needs
- What are learning needs?
- Identifying learning needs
- Collecting and analysing learning needs information
- Determining priorities
- Presenting a recommendation for learning
Designing Learning and Development Activities
- Aims, objectives and learning outcomes
- Determining and sequencing learning content
- Selecting training and learning methods
- Selecting and developing learning resources
Delivering Learning and Development Activities
- Preparing for L&D activities
- Establishing the physical environment for learning
- Delivery methods and techniques
- Working with visual aids and resources
- Managing group dynamics and creating a positive learning environment
Using Technology to Facilitate Learning
- Technology and learning
- The timeline of technology in training
- Delivering live online learning sessions
- Creating digital learning content
Enhancing Learner Engagement
- Factors affecting learning engagement
- Psychology and learning
- Neuroscience and learning
- Strategies for enhancing engagement
Supporting Collective and Social Learning
- What is collective and social learning?
- Facilitating collective and social learning within an online learning programme
- Using social media for collective and social learning
Supporting Individual Learning through Coaching and Mentoring
- The coaching process
- The mentoring process
- Coaching and mentoring practice – models
- Coaching and mentoring practice – communication techniques
- Recording coaching and mentoring activity
Assessing Learning and Development
- The assessor role
- Planning assessment
- Assessment methods
- Making an assessment decision
- Providing assessment feedback
Organising Learning and Development Events
- Types of L&D events
- Planning and co-ordinating an L&D event
- Promoting L&D events
- Customer care skills
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. Our vision is to meet the business and management...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Advanced Learning and Development Practice course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!