Management Information Systems Essentials - Level 1London Business Training & Consulting
Management Information Systems Essentials - Level 1
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the uses of business processes, information systems, and information in organisations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of hardware and software and their place in management information systems.
- Recognise the key features and technologies deployed in database management and processing.
- Explain what the cloud is and be able to identify the potential opportunities and threats that cloud computing offers to organisations
- Recognise the primary benefits of information systems in organisations including the application of customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and enterprise application integration (EAI).
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Those who wish to assess, evaluate, and apply emerging information systems (IS) technology to business.
- Those who wish to take an active role in systems development to create an IS that meets their needs.
- Those who need to learn how to employ IS to accomplish their job tasks.
- Those who want to use IS to achieve their business strategies.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
Business Processes, Information Systems, and Information
- The need to understand business processes
- Business process modelling
- Using IS to improve process quality
- What is information?
- Data characteristics required for quality information
Hardware and Software
- Computer hardware
- Operating systems software
- Applications software
- Open source software as a viable alternative
- The purpose of a database
- What is a database management system (DBMS)?
- Database applications to make databases more useful
- What is a NoSQL DBMS?
- Why is the cloud the future for most organisations?
- Using the cloud
- Using cloud services securely
Organisations and Information Systems
- How do IS vary by scope?
- Solving departmental silos through enterprise systems
- Customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and enterprise application integration (EAI)
- Inter-enterprise IS
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. Our vision is to meet the business and management...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Management Information Systems Essentials - Level 1 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!