Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The analytical dimensions for identifying the technical, managerial and ‘operations strategy’ characteristics of technology.
- The technology options that exist, ‘why’ potential investments in process technology investments work in practice, and ‘how’ to make such investments work in practice.
- The risks associated with implementation due to the number of high-profile failures and claims of waste that seem to go hand-in-hand with such investments.
- The more general issues of how companies can shape the routines that encourage the ongoing developments of their operations.
- Product and service development as a core issue for operations strategy.
- The formulation and implementation of the process of operations strategy.
- The monitoring and control of the process of operations strategy.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Chief operations officers and chief executive officers
- Operations directors and managers
- Heads of departments
- Senior operations executives, officers and staff
- Those who wish to gain a comprehensive understanding of the interaction between operational resources and market requirements.
- Those who wish to transform their companies’ prospects through the way they manage their operations resources strategically, turning their operations capabilities into a formidable asset.
- Those who wish to use operations strategy as a major source of competitive advantage in for-profit businesses or the route to achieving social welfare in not-for-profit enterprises.
- Those who appreciate operations strategy as central, ubiquitous and vital to any organisation’s sustained success.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
Process Technology Strategy
- Process technology should reflect volume and variety
- The product-process matrix
- The challenges of information technology (IT)
- Evaluating process technology
- Operations improvement
- Setting the direction
- Importance-performance mapping
- Developing operations capabilities
- Deploying capabilities in the market
Product and Service Development and Organisation
- Innovation, design and creativity
- The strategic importance of product and service development
- Product and service development as a process
- A market requirements’ perspective on product and service development
- An operations resources perspective on product and service development
The Process of Operations Strategy – Formulation and Implementation
- Formulating operations strategy
- What is the role of alignment?
- Maintaining alignment over time
- What analysis is needed for formulation?
- The challenges to operations strategy formulation
- How do we know when the formulation process is complete?
- What is operations strategy implementation?
The Process of Operations Strategy – Monitoring and Control
- What are the differences between operational and strategic monitoring and control?
- How is progress towards strategic objectives tracked?
- How can the monitoring and control process attempt to control risks?
- How does learning contribute to strategic control?
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. LBTC’s services are delivered by practising business and management...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Operations Strategy – Level 2 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!