Head Protection Awareness Online Training Course
Over one million people in England and Wales seek emergency or urgent treatment for head injuries every year. Some of these injuries occur in the workplace, particularly in high-risk industries such as construction and mining. Therefore, it is crucial that workers are adequately protected against the most common causes of head injury.
This course outlines the practical steps you need to take when choosing and using head protection at work, as well as the legal obligations which must be met by employers and employees under the law.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What's Covered in the Course?
- Why employers should take the issue of head protection seriously, the consequences of head injury, who is most at risk and the main pieces of legislation governing the use of head protection at work.
- The most common types of protective headgear used in the workplace, how safety helmets and bump caps reduce the risk of injury and how to choose the best type of head protection for your needs.
- The average lifespan of protective headgear, how to clean and store safety helmets and bump caps and the signs the suggest you need to replace them.
- Why workers need to comply with head and safety rules in the workplace, how to build a safety-centric work culture, the role of training in promoting compliance and why some employees are exempt from the rules the require them to wear head protection.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Anyone responsible for undertaking risk assessments and drawing up health and safety policies in a workplace will benefit from this overview of the proper use and care of head protection.
- If you are working as a health and safety trainer, this course will help you develop comprehensive training materials for those working in high-risk industries.
- This course will help those in supervisory roles encourage compliance in the workplace, thereby reducing the number of accidents that occur.
- If you are an employee in an industry that requires you to wear head protection, you will benefit from learning more about how head protection lowers your risk of injury.
- Anyone interested in the field of occupational health will find this course to be of interest, as it outlines the causes and consequences of head injury in the workplace.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Why and When do Employees Need to use Protective Headgear
- Module 2: Choosing the Right Head Protection Equipment
- Module 3: How to Maintain and Store Protective headgear
- Module 4: Training and Compliance
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...