This Paediatric First Aid Level 3 course has been developed for those who are working / wish to work with children and infants. This accredited course provides theoretical training in first aid techniques that are specific to infants aged under 1, and children aged from 1 year old to the onset of puberty.
It will especially be of interest to parents, teachers, child minders, crÃ¨che assistants, playgroup personnel and anyone else who has a responsibility for their welfare whilst in your care. It is ideal for individuals who are responsible for children and infants, who wish to gain an accredited Paediatric First Aid Award.
- Improve your career prospects.
- Learn valuable knowledge, skills, advice and guidance to help you achieve success.
- Study online from anywhere.
- Study at your own pace.
- Download and print your industry recognised certificate on successful completion.
Who can take the course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into bite-sized modules. You're free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each section, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers and most tablet devices etc. so you can even study while on the move! As long as you have access to the internet, you should be able to study anywhere that's convenient.
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all the modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken at a time and location of your choosing.
What if I don't pass the test?If you don't pass the test first time then you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?We estimate that the entire program is likely to take around 2-4 hours to work through initially, but you may want to allow more time to repeat some areas. You should allow an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child with anaphylaxis
- Be able to administer first aid to an infant and a child with injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- Be able to administer first aid to an infant and a child with head and spinal injuries
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an infant and a child with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who has sustained an electric shock
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with burns or scalds
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who has been poisoned
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who has been bitten or stung
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with minor injuries
- Understand how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...
Find out more about this Paediatric First Aid Level 3 CPD Accredited Online Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Vocational & College Courses
Vocational & College Courses