Teaching Assistant Level 2 CPD Certified Training Course
The teaching assistant diploma will provide you with all the knowledge you need to succeed as a teaching assistant in the United Kingdom. This information packed training course gives you everything you will need to know to secure a position within the teaching industry and push yourself forward in your chosen career.
Introduction to the Teaching Assistant Diploma
This training course is offered online, which gives you the ability to study at your own pace and in your own time. You can still work a full time position while studying to get the certification you need to secure your dream position in the teaching industry.
The teaching assistant diploma is accessible on any device with access to the internet, complete with online support throughout your training. The course comprises of a comprehensive syllabus broken into easy and manageable modules.
On completion of the course you will be required to complete a multiple choice test and once passed you will be awarded with your industry recognised certification, which you can download and print.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What You Will Learn
The teaching assistant diploma is designed to provide you with a complete overview, enabling you to start your new position in the education industry in the shortest period of time. This course includes:
- The role of the teaching assistant along with valuable information about the position.
- Get a good understanding on schools, including hierarchy and curriculums throughout the country.
- Learn best practices when working in a classroom.
- Identify different student behaviours and how to deal with them.
- Understand various learning activities and how to use them to support the curriculum.
- Learn the different school policies, laws and welfare of children in the United Kingdom.
- Have a good understanding of literacy and how to support pupils.
- Learn about numeracy and its importance in everyday life.
- Get a good understanding on why play is so important and how it is important in education.
- Learn about health and safety and first aid in the school environment.
- Get information on working with children with special needs.
- Learn how to support talented children in your classroom.
- Get valuable insight into working with children whose first language is not English, along with the benefits of being bilingual.
- The course will teach you how to handle children with different behavioural issues, along with the personal development of children moving forward.
- Understand how to engage parents in their children's learning and the importance thereof.
- Get an understanding of various extracurricular activities and how you can assist with them.
- Learn the importance of working as a team and how to support your teacher to ensure that the children receive the best education at all times when in your care.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Defining and Explaining the Role of a Teaching Assistant
- Module 2 : Understanding Schools as Organisations
- Module 3 : Supporting Development in Pupils: Practice and Policies
- Module 4 : Supporting the Teacher and the School
- Module 5 : Applying Learning Activities to Support the Teaching of the Curriculum
- Module 6 : Legislation, Legal Obligations and School Policies to Ensure Pupil Wellbeing
- Module 7 : Learning Literacy Skills with Teaching Assistant Support
- Module 8 : Learning Numeracy Skills with Teaching Assistant Support
- Module 9 : Supporting the Use of Information and Communication Technology
- Module 10 : Supporting Play and Learning
- Module 11 : Supporting Pupils with Disabilities and Special Education Needs
- Module 12 : Supporting Gifted and Talented Pupils
- Module 13 : Working With Children Who Don’t Have English as a First Language
- Module 14 : Managing Behaviour, Providing Pastoral Support and Engaging in Personal Development
- Module 15: Engaging Parents in Their Children’s Learning
- Module 16: Planning and Delivering Learning Activities Under the Direction of the Teacher
- Module 17: Leading Extracurricular Activities
- Module 18: Working Effectively as a Team and Promoting Good Working Relationships
- Module 19: Confidentiality, Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding, Promoting Equality & Diversity With Students
- Module 20: Health, Safety and First Aid
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...