Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Business Writing - 2-Day Course
Through this two-day course from the London School of Public Relations participants will enhance their writing skills for more effective corporate communication.
The intentsive course will cover integral business writing topics, including:
- Sourcing information and writing documents to relay key messages to various audiences
- How to write an effective business report, proposal, mission statement and corporate literature
- How to identify your readers and understand audience expectation
- How to write and present a speech
- Repurposing an article
- Writing for the web
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of the course and required assessments participants will be awarded a Business Writing Skills Certificate from the London School of Public Relations.
Participants will be assessed via hands-on exercises - no exams.
- Class exercise: write a short article for a blog (a choice of topics are given).
- Class exercise: write a short business report (a choice of topics are given).
- Class exercise: write a newsletter as part of internal comms to announce a new service within the company.
- A corporate report of 1,000-1,500 words submitted two weeks from completion of the course.
Training Course Content
The two-day course covers the following topics:
- Business Writing Styles: The Right Ingredients
- Grammar and Punctuation, Awkward Challenges and How to Meet Them
- Building Blocks and Writing Succinctly
- Structuring Text and Writing to House Style
- Mission Statements
- Business Reports
- Writing for Social Media and Blogs
- Writing a Business Speech
- In-House Newsletters
- Corporate Literature
The cost of this course is £636 per participant.
The London School of Public Relations can also deliver this course as in-house training for your company, tailored to meet specific business needs or areas of interest. Contact the school for more information.
London School of Public Relations - Advance Your PR Career
Since 1992 the London School of Public Relations (LSPR) has been training aspiring and existing PR professionals to help them progress their careers in public relations and related roles. The school offers a range of practical, intensive, tailored and engaging training...