IOSH Senior Executives and Directors Workshop
This course helps senior executives understand their safety and health issues and review management policies and strategies to operate more safely where necessary.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- In Company
- United Kingdom
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should attend?
Attend this course if you are a senior executive and require an understanding of the safety and health issues you face, wish to review management policies and strategies and where necessary, introduce changes to operate more safely.
You must be a senior executive that review your organisation’s safety and health policies.
Training Course Content
What you will learn
- That health and safety is a main line management function, emanating from the top and descending through management layers
- The financial implications of accidents and ill health caused by working conditions
- To identify current legislation and other regulations relevant to the particular workplace including; the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Management of Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
- The penalties for offences related to health and safety legislation, including the concept of corporate manslaughter
- The significance of documentation and procedures to satisfy legislation
- The law’s shift in emphasis to a non-prescriptive approach based on the assessment of risk in terms of best current practice basic principles of risk assessment and how to identify the root causes of accidents
- The need to appoint competent people to advise on the health and safety function.
By bringing together unrivalled expertise in certification, brand assurance, food safety, cybersecurity, inspection and training, we’ve become a leading global assurance provider. We’re proud of our heritage, but it’s who we are today that really matters, because that’s what shapes...