Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Introduction to the Oil & Gas Industry: In-houseMDT International
Introduction to the Oil & Gas Industry - 2 day In-house Training Course
This two-day Introduction to the Oil & Gas Industry training course is extremely popular course that provides a wide-ranging and practical industry overview.
Aimed at those new to the oil & gas industry, and non-technical personnel, the course covers each key phase of the exploration and production industry.
The course is designed to provide oil and gas professionals the opportunity to gain a technical and commercial understanding of the industry fundamentals.
On attending this Introduction to the Oil & Gas Industry training course you will learn:
- The scientific origins of oil and gas
- The commercial issues underpinning hydrocarbon exploration and development
- The role of government and its agencies
- Oil and gas terminology
- The technological process of exploration
- The technological process of drilling
- The technological process of production
- The challenges of decommissioning
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Introduction to the Oil & Gas Industry training course is suitable for personnel from all sectors of the oil and gas industry – government agencies, authorities, operators, contractors and service companies.
The course is especially valuable for newcomers to the industry and non-technical personnel working in areas like HR, finance, IT, contracts and administration who feel they could benefit from gaining a wider appreciation of the big picture.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants on this course are eligible for 14 hours of CPD accreditation on completion.
Training Course Content
Petroleum geology - the origins of hydrocarbons
- The formation of petroleum
- Oil and gas reservoirs
- Reservoir rock and fluid properties
World energy supply and demand
- Oil and gas supply and demand
- Classification of reserves
- Oil pricing and market issues
- Non conventional oil, gas and renewables
Ownership and exploitation of reserves
- Joint-venture agreements
- Production-sharing contracts
Exploration and appraisal
- Geological and commercial factors necessary for successful exploration and appraisal
- Seismic surveys
- Drilling rigs
- Equipment and processes involved in drilling a well
- Completing a well and preparing it for production
- Horizontal drilling
- Well workover operations
- Onshore/offshore developments
- Shallow/deep water developments
- Gas field developments
- Aspects of well and facilities design
- Field development decision-making
- Key economic indicators and their uses
Health, safety and the environment
- The environment
Petroleum production and treatment
- Reservoir production mechanisms
- Artificial lift systems
- Well stimulation - fracturing, acidising and sand control
- Production and treatment of reservoir fluids
- Processing the production from oil and gas fields
Maintenance and logistics
- Well and facility maintenance
- Reliability-centred maintenance
- Corrosion and how it is controlled
- Transportation of personnel and materials
- Possible decommissioning solutions
- Scope of decommissioning obligations
Future issues and challenges
- Meeting future energy demand
- Environmental sustainability
- Security of supply
Contact MDT International if you would like to arrange this in-house course.
MDT International - Finance, Commercial & Management Courses for the Oil & Gas Industry
We deliver commercial training courses in most major established and emerging international oil and gas hubs. Whether you're taking part in an open course, or benefiting from the customised experience of our in-house training, you know what you’ll learn from some...
Find out more about this Introduction to the Oil & Gas Industry: In-house course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!