Brent Market Fundamentals is an online training course that provides an overview of the Brent crude oil trading market. It covers the physical crudes that underpin the market, the instruments that are traded, and how the market is assessed by the price reporting agencies.
You’ll learn about how Brent is used as a global pricing benchmark, and how ‘Brent’ is really four North Sea crude oils – Brent, Forties, Ekofisk and Oseberg. We’ll review how the forward market works and how it can mature to become physical cargoes, known as the dated market. You’ll understand the different instruments traded in the Brent futures market, including tradable markers and TAS contracts, and how EFPs link the futures and forward markets. We’ll also cover Brent swaps, including CFDs and DFLs. We’ll review how the leading price reporting agencies assess the price of Brent, and, finally, this course will provide an overview of how the Brent market has evolved.
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
A certificate of completion will be awarded upon scoring at least an 80% on the 20 question multiple choice final exam.
You will learn to:
- Identify the different instruments traded in the Brent market and how they are used.
- Point out the timeline for the forward trading market, and how the paper market can mature into physical cargoes.
- Identify how Brent futures markets work, including tradable markers and TAS contracts.
- Select how the Brent market is interlinked through EFPs, CFDs and DFLs.
- Recognise how the leading price reporting agencies assess Brent prices.
- Recognise how the Brent market has evolved.
This two hour online course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about brent market fundamnetals.