Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production is an online training course that provides an overview of hydrocarbon exploration and production. You’ll learn how oil, natural gas and coal were formed, and the different types of geological structures where they are found. You’ll understand the different types of hydrocarbons produced, and the main factors affecting quality. We’ll review the different methods of exploring for hydrocarbons, and the drilling and production techniques used to recover them. Finally this course will provide an overview of the main trends in the production of oil, natural gas and coal.
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
A certificate of completion will be awarded upon scoring at least an 80% on the 20 question multiple choice final exam.
You will learn to:
- Point out how oil, natural gas and coal were formed
- Identify the geological structures where hydrocarbons are found
- Distinguish between the different methods of exploring for hydrocarbons
- Point out how hydrocarbons are produced, including drilling techniques
- Identify the different types of hydrocarbons produced
- Recognize and discuss the main trends in the production of oil, natural gas and coal
This two hour online course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about hydrocarbon.