This course provides an introduction to creative writing identifying your personal writing goals and a way of working successfully towards achieving them. “Write what you know.” Learn to use all your senses to bring your work to life. Understand the elements necessary to the successful telling of a story. Have an appreciation of the craft and skills needed to write in a chosen medium. Writing fiction, non-fiction, short stories or writing for magazines and blogging.
Following topics will be covered:
- How to get started and how to finish
- Sharing: writing non-fiction. “Write what you know”
- Fiction. My genre: word count, template, passion
- Showing and telling, description and setting
- Characters from life, experience and imagination
- How to develop your own writing voice
- Editing and editing again
- Dialogue with real voices
Suitability - Who should attend?
No previous knowledge required. Basic English written and speaking skills required.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
North Hertfordshire College Apprenticeships
Hart Learning & Development, part of the Hart Learning Group along with North Hertfordshire College, is a progressive L & D business which supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent. We start with our...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!