This course aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills to become an effective Teaching Assistant.Course Content
Unit 1: Supporting Teaching and Learning Activities In Schools
- How teaching assistants can support the teacher in planning, teaching and evaluation of the learning activities.
- The stages of planning.
- Problems that may occur when supporting learning activities.
- Strategies a teaching assistant may use to support pupils learning.
- Providing feedback on learning activities to the teacher.
Unit 2: Communication and Relationships With Children, Young People and Adults
- Communicating and developing positive working relationships with children and young people.
- Communicating with adults.
- Differences in communicating with adults and children.
- Disagreements with adults and children.
- Communication difficulties.
Unit 3: Provide Effective Support for Your Colleagues
- The role and responsibilities of the teaching assistant.
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of others in the school team
- The role of external professionals.
- Maintaining good working relationships.
- Professional practice within schools.
Unit 4: Safeguarding Children and Young People: The Maintenance of a Safe Working Environment
- Legislation, policies, and procedures for safeguarding children.
- Prepare and maintain a safe working environment for children.
- The procedures and actions in response to an emergency in school.
- Types of abuse that children may experience.
- Behaviour management.
Unit 5: Supporting Children's and Young People's Development
- Understanding physical, emotional, communication, social and behavioural development.
- Observation methods used to record learning and development.
- Transitions that children may experience.
Unit 6: Schools as Organisations
- Structures of education.
- Specialist schools.
- Legislation and school policies.
- The National Curriculum.
- The Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED).
- The primary framework.
- Early years foundation stage.
Pay Now: GBP 349.00
OR 6 Monthly Instalments of GBP 67.35 with a deposit of GBP
44.90 totalling 449
Open Study College - First class home learning with a difference!
At Open Study College we exceed in delivering a unique home learning experience! Having helped over 73,000 people improve their skills with a trusted qualification, Open Study College is one of the UK’s largest distance learning colleges. Offering over 500...
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!