Applied Seismic Anisotropy for Fractured Reservoir Characterization - ASAF
The course is designed to enable you to perform professional geophysical work to evaluate fractured reservoirs and/or reservoirs that require hydrofracturing to produce. The emphasis of the lectures is steered to the participants' work assignments. Field data case histories and laboratory data illustrate the principles and practices of calibrating azimuthal travel times and azimuthal prestack amplitudes against independent measurements of in-situ horizontal stresses, and natural fractures that flow fluids.
The course covers acquisition design and Q/C, azimuthal processing, interpretation, and modeling to test different interpretations.
The skills that you will learn will also involve integrating the support data - well logs, production testing, VSP, core work - with your reflection seismic data. Each section of the course is supported with a classroom exercise.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Training Course Content
- Fundamentals of seismology: body waves that travel through a solid medium
- reflection, refraction, mode-conversion; Fundamentals of seismic anisotropy. P-P multi-azimuth, P-S multi-azimuth, S-S multi-azimuth
- Fundamentals of 3D full-azimuth seismic data acquisition; issues of cost, number of channels, geophones chosen, recording system, fold, etc.
- VSP acquisition
- multicomponent acquisition
- Fundamentals of seismic data processing: P-P multi-azimuth, P-S multi-azimuth, S-S multi-azimuth
- requirements for processing sequences
- necessity to comprehend the (chosen) contractor's definition of 'azimuth' and checks throughout processing to determine if the contractor is adhering to its definition of azimuth
- Fundamentals of seismic data interpretation for fractured reservoir analysis, and in-situ stress evaluation
- commercially available software needed for multi-azimuth and/or multi-component 3D seismic interpretation
- Fundamentals of seismic data modeling for anisotropy, common (different) assumptions within different modeling packages
- Commercially available support data: where to find it, how to integrate the required support data
- Additional topics by request (end of each day)
PetroSkills was founded in 2001 as an alliance between BP, Shell and OGCI, aiming to accomplish a mission of vital importance for the future of the Oil & Gas industry. PetroSkills provide high quality professional training and courses that are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!