Bioreactors in Biotech: Strategies for Selection & Optimisation
Bioreactors, what are they and how do they work?
Bioreactors are the pillars of bioprocessing, supporting the production of the biomass and the therapeutic product. It is vital that those responsible for operating bioreactors understand the intricacies of their functionality to ensure they can optimize their performance and maximize the bioprocess efficiency.
Over two weeks, this course will explore functionality, including the inoculum expansion process and designing control loops, as well as consider strategies to select the best bioreactor for your product.
In an interactive environment, you will also learn best practices for avoiding contamination, and characterise your raw materials to ensure a sterile operation throughout.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is relevant to both professionals working within biopharmaceutical manufacturing as well as those who will be specifically working with bioreactors. It is also applicable to the wider biotechnology audience if they interact with bioreactors in their role. Relevant departments may include:
- Upstream Processing
- Downstream Processing
- Bioreactor Maintenance
- Quality Control
- Process Analytics
- Process Engineering
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Explore the different bioreactor types, and understand how to pick the correct one for your product
- Understand the importance of Cleaning in Place, Steam in Place and conducting raw material risk assessments for ensuring your product does not become contaminated
- Examine factors which influence the bioreactor type, including microorganism, shear stress and yield
- Brainstorm common challenges associated with scale-up and scale-out, and learn best practices to ensure success
- Familiarise yourself with bioreactor functionality, and learn how control loops are designed specifically to support the organism
- Understand the pros and cons of single-use bioreactors and establish if these are beneficial for your organization
Course delivery details
Gain real-time access to a subject matter expert delivering online training in a structured virtual classroom environment. Live online academies are virtual versions of some of our most popular face-to-face courses, delivered in bitesize sessions of 1.5-3 hours online.
Over 2 weeks students will learn through:
- Live interactive bitesize sessions
- Direct interaction with the trainer during live sessions
- Participation in interactive features within sessions including polls, Q&A, break out rooms, tasks, case studies, and more
- Revisiting recorded sessions with unlimited access for 30 days
- Interaction with peers during live sessions and through the online forum
Why choose PTI
On average, delegates of their online academies said:
Quality of content:
85% had applied content during the course to their role
Receive 10% off bookings for 3-4 courses
Receive 15% off bookings for 5+ courses when booking through our training consultants
Save £240.00 when you book by 20 July 5:00pm
PTI - Pharmaceutical Training International - Training for the Pharma Industry
PTI is the global leader in professional education for the pharmaceutical industry, delivering a broad course portfolio that covers the industry spectrum: R&D, Clinical Development, Generics, Bio-pharmaceuticals, fine Chemicals, Agro-chemicals, Medical Devices, Animal Health, Manufacturing and Regulations. PTI's open courses,...
Find out more about this Bioreactors in Biotech: Strategies for Selection & Optimisation course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
2,800 GBP-3,150 GBP