Balancing the demands of product quality, process productivity and scalability remain the key challenges for professionals involved in upstream process development. This course will address these core issues for both mammalian and microbial products.
Starting with cell line development, the course will move on to focus on media selection, screening, initial upstream process development and quality concerns to help you in laying the foundations for a success and productive process. On day two, you will explore upstream equipment in-depth and start to consider process characterisation, performance validation and scale up. You will also discuss the needs of the downstream process, how collaboration between USP and DSP teams can be facilitated and how process transfer can be addressed.
Taught by Margit Holzer, an experienced bioprocess development expert, this course will deliver a wealth of examples and discussion to help you in your learning.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course will be of interest to professionals involved in upstream process development, including:
- Process scientists
- Technicians and technologists
- Bioprocess engineers
- Cell line development specialists
- Cell culture specialists
- Product managers
- Process development managers
- Validation Technicians
Training Course Content
This two-day course will focus on:
- Understand the intricacies of cell line development including sequencing, cloning, productivity and cell banking
- Consider selection of media for different production stages, testing and characterisation, viral and GMP concerns
- Discuss upstream equipment, the types available and its applications
- Note how USP can be successfully integrated with downstream processing, how scale up can be managed and process transfer facilitated
- Understand requirements for control strategy and process performance validation
Why choose PTI
On average, delegates of their online academies said:
Quality of content:
85% had applied content during the course to their role
Average rating 5
I found the control strategy and process validation aspects of this course particularly useful.
I attended this course to find out more about upstream technologies, this course covered the whole upstream process and related fields.
I enjoyed the overview of upstream processing, from both scientific and regulatory perspectives. I found this coruse to be more complete than others I've attended, it covered mo...
The cost of this training course is £1400 + VAT per participant, which covers tuition and course materials.
PTI - Pharmaceutical Training International can also deliver this course as in-house training for your company. You can reduce costs, enhance accessibility to training resources and better address your company’s own business goals with a tailored PTI training package.