Managing BudgetsPTP Training & Marketing Ltd
This managing budgets course suits anybody that has a need to understand the basic premise of budgeting. Too frequently in business we ignore the value of our staff being aware of budgeting and its impact on a business.
This Managing Budgets course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Greater understanding of budgeting principles
- An understanding of forecasting techniques
- An understanding of basic product costing
Training Course Content
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee & Course Objectives
- 10:00 - 10:30 Glossary of Terms (A look at the jargon that surrounds finance and what it means in real terms)
- 10:30 - 11:15 The 6 Main Aims of Budgeting (Why is it important for a business to plan, implement and control budgets? Looking at Business Strategy)
- 11:15 -11:30 Coffee Break
- 11:30 - 12:15 Product Costing (Looking at examples of Product Costing and how to establish the ideal Selling Price)
- 12:15 - 13:00 Overhead Allocation (including an understanding of the decision to \'make\' or \'buy\')
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 14:30 How we forecast Income and Expenditure and what can impact on the plan
- 14:30 - 15:00 Forecasting Techniques (A brief look into the types of techniques available and what might influence management decisions)
- 15:00 - 15:15 Ratio Analysis (A look at what financial information may be available at a glance)
- 15:15 - 16:30 Management Accounting Package (An introduction to the Profit and Loss accounts, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Financial Reports. This is the way in which we discover whether what was expected has actually occurred)
- 16:30 Summary & Action Plans Agreed
Fee includes all course materials, participant packs, certification and lunch
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 4.8Based on 15 reviews
Find out more about this Managing Budgets course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!