Construction Industry Tax ExplainedQuorum Training - A Wilmington Company
Construction Industry Tax Explained - 1-day training course in London
This course will provide a very practical insight into how the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) currently works in practice, and will explain the tax responsibilities and functions of both the contractor and subcontractor. Additionally, the area of employed or self-employed, and IR35 will be addressed. The course will also highlight and clarify the considerable forthcoming changes, to be introduced, that will affect the CIS tax regime.
The course will include practical case studies to work through and review. These will be based on the completion of monthly CIS returns, verification and the production of CIS tax deduction statements.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at delegates who require a practical, detailed understanding of the current Construction Industry Scheme tax administration requirements and rules. The full practical impact of CIS tax will be reviewed, together with an update of recent developments.
This course will also act as a useful CIS tax refresher for delegates who have previously dealt with the CIS regime, and need a practical and detailed update.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD 6 hours
Training Course Content
- An introduction to the scheme - who it applies to and how it operates
- The obligations of contractors, both mainstream and deemed contractors, and a look at the exclusions
- Subcontractor obligations and a brief look at the risks of engaging labour-only individual subcontractors and the ‘right to work’ checks
- Registration procedures for contractors and subcontractors and how to obtain and maintain subcontractor gross payment status
- In or out, an understanding of the work that comes within the scheme (construction operations), a look at the exclusions and advice on issues of doubt and differing contractual arrangements
- What to do when making payments to subcontractors, understanding the payments that require deductions and where deductions are not required
- Online submission of CIS300 monthly returns by contractors, including online and telephone amendments
- Making payments to HMRC accurately and on time and advice on cashflow difficulties and how to set-off CIS deductions suffered by subcontractors
- The CIS penalty regime, deadlines and appeals procedures
- What to do when the taxman calls!
The price per place for this course is £575 plus VAT.
Contact Quorum Training for pricing details for running this course in-house. The price will include pre-course discussions with the trainer, supporting course materials and delivery of a practical, interactive course that meets your training needs.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Quorum Training - Business and Finance Courses for Professionals
Quorum Training provides a range of specialist courses designed specifically for business and finance professionals. Covering Accounting and Finance, Taxation, VAT, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Markets and Corporate Treasury, and Charities. Quorum deliver bespoke in-house and public training programmes....
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Construction Industry Tax Explained course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!