CPD in HAZOP StudyRisktec Solutions
CPD in HAZOP Study
CPD (Continuing Professional Development) in HAZOP Study
Developed by practitioners for practitioners, TÜV Rheinland Risktec CPDs in Risk and Safety Management are designed to help risk and safety professionals certify their skills and prove their commitment to the industry.
The module is delivered entirely by distance learning, giving learners the opportunity to study part-time and to plan their study around their professional and personal commitments. Risktec offers a choice of 23 different CPD topics, and each module lasts 8 weeks.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The CPD modules are suitable for any professional seeking to implement practical risk management in high hazard industries, including oil & gas, petrochemical, chemical, nuclear, mining, transportation, conventional power and renewables.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
End of module assessment
The assessment consists of 2 parts:
- Part 1: a short multiple choice quiz containing 10 questions, worth 25% of your final mark
- Part 2: three questions each requiring a short paragraph answer, with each answer contributing 25% to your final mark. Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will receive a TÜV Rheinland Risktec CPD Certificate of Assessment for this module. If you do not pass, you will receive a TÜV Rheinland Risktec CPD Certificate of Attendance.
- The pass mark is 50%.
Training Course Content
The learning outcomes of the HAZOP Study CPD module are:
- Critically review the HAZOP technique and examples of output
- Analyse how the HAZOP technique can be applied at the different stages of a project’s lifecycle such as FEED, detailed design, revalidation and decommissioning
- Prepare for a HAZOP workshop, determine the skills and actions necessary to lead HAZOP and how to generate a HAZOP report.
And the course consists of the following topics:
- Introduction to risk assessment
- Basic engineering terminology
- Process safety incidents: lessons learned
- HAZOP: what, when, how
- HAZOP: guidewords and parameters
- HAZOP: noding
- HAZOP: teams, roles and responsibilities
- Recording methods, software, reporting and close-out
- Overview of the LOPA technique
- Major HAZOP studies, minor modification studies
- Common failings in HAZOPs
- Limitations of HAZOPs
- Leading HAZOP teams
- Other forms of HAZOP: procedures, batch operations.
Course format & materials
Enrolment on the course gives students access to the Risktec Online learning environment. The module material includes slides, explanatory notes, videos and references to further reading and useful websites. Students engage in online activities including optional tests to confirm their understanding.
Other training formats
The module is also available as a private, customisable course for corporate clients (face-to-face, distance learning or blended learning).
Provider: Risktec Solutions
Risktec Solutions - Specialist Risk Management Consultancy & Training Provider, part of the TÜV Rheinland Group
With headquarters in Warrington and local offices across the UK, Middle East, Far East and North America, Risktec is a specialist provider of risk management and safety training for companies all over the world. As part of the TÜV Rheinland Group, Risktec operates...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Risktec Solutions
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 5Based on 23 reviews
Find out more about this CPD in HAZOP Study course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!