Permit to Work
A permit to work system ensures that formal validation and authority is given from an authorised person when hazardous work is to be undertaken. It ensures that all components of a safe system of work are established before high risk work commences, thereby controlling and reducing risk to individuals and the organisation. The permit to work is also a means of communication and control between site managers, supervisors, contractors and those carrying out the hazardous work.
All corporate courses available for a minimum of 5 participants. Please contact us for more information.
Upcoming start dates
Anytime - enquire to book
- In Company
- United Kingdom
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Those responsible for implementing permit to work systems
- New employees selected by the organisation for issuing and signing off permits to work
- Existing personnel in the organisation who issue and sign off permits that require formal training
By the end of this health and safety training course, delegates will have a detailed awareness and understanding of the necessity for permits to work, including high risk activities such as working in confined spaces
Outcome / Qualification etc.
There is an short multiple choice assessment; delegates successfully completing the course will receive a certificate of Safety Nation training.
Training Course Content
- The typical contents of a permit to work
- The function and role of a permit to work within the overall risk control and risk management framework
- The procedure for issuing a permit to work
- The cessation and termination of a permit
- The responsibilities of the issuer and receiver of the permit
- Potential difficulties and solutions with the permit to work system
Why choose Safety Nation
100% say they would use Safety Nation again
IOSH pass rate = 100%