Do you love children? Do you want to understand their psychology? If you are passionate about children and their wellbeing, this course is perfect for you.
The Child and Adolescent Counselling Certificate course is designed for learners looking to gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent behaviour. If you have an interest in becoming a child counsellor this course is very useful. Children nowadays lead their lives in stressful and pressurised circumstances. Many of them require professional counselling.
The Child and Adolescent Counselling Certificate course will enhance your skills and techniques so that you can develop your counselling attributes suited to children starting from the age of toddler all the way to a teenager.
The Child and Adolescent Counselling Certificate course will explore child development, therapeutic language and psychological issues. The course also goes into in-depth detail on how to deal with family issues, grief, peer pressure, low self-esteem, bullying, sexual identity, addictions and self-harm. It is a career that you can do from your home, start your own counselling practice and take steps to become a professional counsellor.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- You must be over the age of 16 and have a basic understanding of Maths, English and ICT
- The course is for learners who have an interest in child psychology
- Individuals who have basic background in child development and psychology
- The course is also suitable for counsellors and social workers with an interest in children and adolescents
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the Certificate in Child and Adolescent Counselling.
Training Course Content
2: Psychology of Growth and Development
3: Therapeutic Language and Behaviour
4: Psychological Issues
5: Therapeutic Outcomes
6: Working as a Counsellor
Qualification Title: Certificate in Child & Adolescent Counselling
Qualification Type: Level 2 Certificate
Accreditation Status: Accredited by CPD and iAP
Course Duration: Self-paced (module availability: 365 days)
Guided Learning Hours: 04
- You will learn how to work with young children and teenagers
- Child development at various ages
- Understand child abuse and child bullying
- Gain an understanding on grief and loss
- Understand conflict and stress in young children and adolescents
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Support by email, phone and live chat
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Quizzes, tests mock exams, practice exams to ensure you are 100% ready
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
You have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at anytime.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test. The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade.
The Child and Adolescent Counselling Certificate will be awarded by CPD & iAP. This internationally recognised qualification will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in a field you are passionate about.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Child and Adolescent Counselling Certificate you will be qualified to work in the following positions. The qualification will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion.
- Social Worker
- Childcare Worker
- School Counsellor
- Early Childhood Educator
Study 365 is a leading vocational and professional accredited course provider, offering over 1000 courses to students worldwide over 7+ years. We have a solid reputation which has helped us become a highly trusted and reliable course provider learning marketplace....
Find out more about this Certificate in Child & Adolescent Counselling course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!