Footprinting and Recon (Reconnaissance) go hand-in-hand in terms of cyber security. The attack surface of a system, network, or organization is referred to as the footprint. Determining that footprint and covertly collecting information on the target is referred to as recon. The process of footprinting and recon is often used early in an attack by penetration testers. Hackers usually spend most of their time in reconning, by collecting information about the host, people and network related to the organization. On the other hand, footprinting helps in identifying the security posture, attack area, vulnerabilities and network map of an organiztion.
Cybercrimes and attacks have become very common in this modern digital world. Many organizations have started to employ ethical hackers within their organization in order to identify and prevent threats and attacks towards the organizational systems. There are currently over a million Cyber Security job openings globally, and the demand is greatly outpacing supply. A job in cyber security is the perfect career option if you look for challenges, progress and a higher pay in a job position. This course in Recon and Footprinting will help you further improve your eligibility for a job position in the cyber security and IT field. This course is for both beginners and IT pros looking to get certified and land an entry level Cyber Security job position.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Learners must be age 16 or over and
- Should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT.
- Should have a basic understanding of Recons and Footprinting
Who is this course aimed at?
- IT students
- Job seekers
- IT professionals
- Anyone interested in learning about Recons and Footprinting
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded Ethical hacking: Recons and Footprinting certificate by CPD & iAP. The qualification will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Training Course Content
1: Website and E-Mail Footprinting
2: Port Inspection with Netstat
3: Nmap and Metasploit
5: Who is and Nslookup
6: Shodan and Iot Enumeration
7: Ntp Enumeration
8: Probing Snmp
9: Inspecting Smtp
10: Smb Discovery
11: Commonly Used Network Ports and Protocols
- Understand website and e-mail footprinting.
- Learn about web site analysis performance and attack methods.
- Port inspection with Netstat, Nmap and Metasploit, and Maltego.
- How to perform a SNMP probe and SMTP inspection, and so much more!
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
At the end of the course, you will have one assignment to be submitted (you need a mark of 65% to pass) and you can submit the assignment at any time. You will only need to pay £19 for assessment and certification when you submit the assignment. You will receive the results within 72 hours of submittal, and will be sent a certificate in 7-14 days if you have successfully passed.
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
Progression and Career Path
On the successful completion of this course in Ethical hacking: Recons and footprinting, you will be qualified for various job positions in the IT and cyber security field. This course can also help you progress in your career and to demand for job promotions and salary increments from your organization.
- Penetration tester – £37,002 per annum
- Chief information officer (CIO) – £97,289 per annum
- Chief technology officer (CTO) – £79,806 per annum
- Head of IT and infrastructure – £57,953 per annum
Study 365 is a leading vocational and professional accredited course provider, offering over 1000 courses to students worldwide over 7+ years. We have a solid reputation which has helped us become a highly trusted and reliable course provider learning marketplace....
Find out more about this Ethical Hacking: Recon and Footprinting course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.