IWFM Level 4 Certificate in Facilities ManagementThe Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM)
IWFM Level 4 Certificate in Facilities Management
The Level 4 Certificate in Facilities Management enables you to improve your management skills for a facilities management role. The programme is offers a comprehensive understanding of facilities management and the techniques, methods and skills needed to fulfill the role.
The work-focused assessments emphasises areas relating to completing high-priority tasks and to launching new facilities management projects. The programme also looks at social responsibility and corporate sustainability issues in facilities management and deals with aspects associated with estate management, customer service and operational performance.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the nature of approximate scope of the area of study or work.
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate relevant information.
- Identify, adapt and use the required cognitive and practical skills to address problems and inform actions.
- Exhibit practical, theoretical or technical understanding and knowledge of a subject or field of work to deal with problems.
- Review the effectiveness and appropriateness of actions, methods and results.
- Credit requirements:24 minimum
- Two Mandatory Units (12 credits)
- Optional Units (12 credits)
- Guideline hours: 240 hours (98 hours guided learning)
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Level 4 Certificate course is suitable for those at an operational management level or who wish to function at that level in future.
Individuals who have completed this course have occupied roles such as:
- Facilities Manager
- Premises Manager
- Contract Manager
- Account Manager
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of a minimum of 24 credits you will be certificated for the IWFM Level 4 Certificate in Facilities Management.
Training Course Content
To achieve the minimum requirement of 24 credits complete the two mandatory units plus the required optional units.
Two mandatory units (totals 12 credits):
- Overview of facilities management
- Managing health and safety in own area of facilities management
Choose optional units to total 12 - 19 credits:
- Understanding facilities management strategy
- Understanding people management in facilities management
- Understanding facilities management support services operations
- Understanding risk management in facilities management
- Understanding financial management in facilities management
- Understanding leadership and management in facilities management
- Understanding property and asset management for facilities managers
- Understanding sustainability and environmental issues and the impact on facilities management
- Understanding procurement and contract management in facilities management
Applying for IWFM Membership
Upon completion of the IWFM Level 4 Certificate in FM qualification you will meet the academic requirements for the Associate grade of IWFM membership.
Full requirements and costs for IWFM membership grades can be found at bifm.org.uk/bifm/membership/advantages
Continuing your studies with IWFM Qualifications
You may also want to considering carrying on your studies toward a IWFM Level 4 Diploma by adding to your level 4 credits achieved.
Or you can carry 6 credits from your level 4 towards a IWFM Level 5 Certificate or Diploma. However please note all mandatory units must still be completed.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IWFM (The Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management)
The IWFM is a community of over 17,000 workplace and facilities management professionals. We share best practice and knowledge with the profession and support our member’s professional development through internationally recognised, regulated qualifications, short courses and training. All Institute of Workplace...
Find out more about this IWFM Level 4 Certificate in Facilities Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!