IWFM Level 4 Qualifications - Award, Certificate & Diploma in Facilities ManagementThe Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM)
IWFM Level 4 Qualifications - Award, Certificate & Diploma in Facilities Management
All available course dates
IWFM Level 4 Qualifications - QCF Level 4 Award, Certificate & Diploma in Facilities Management
The Level 4 Facilities Management qualifications, awarded at Award, Certificate and Diploma levels, will enable you to enhance your practical management skills for a facilities management role. The programme has been designed to provide you with a holistic and total understanding of facilities management and the techniques, methods and skills necessary to fulfill the role.
The work focused assessments emphasise launching new facilities management projects and completing high-priority tasks in this growing industry sector. The training programme also looks at corporate social responsibility and sustainability issues in facilities management and addresses aspects related to customer service, operational performance and estate management.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The IWFM Level 4 Qualifications are aimed at professionals working at an operational management level. The courses are, however, also suitable for those aspiring to these roles looking to further develop in their roles. Although there are no set course pre-requisites, it is recommended that learners have a background in facilities management or related fields.
Qualified candidates are likely responsible for managing:
- Day-to-day operations (in-house or outsourced)
- A range of support services
- Contractors and key supplier relationships
- Health and safety
- FM projects
Flexible Study Options
Gain your Facilities Management qualification with IWFM - choose your study mode, training centre and location: Courses delivered throughout the UK and Ireland. Open courses, evening classes, residential training, online and distance learning
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful learners who complete all training requirements at one of BFIM recognised centres receive a qualification as follows:
- Level 4 Award in Facilities Management (12 credits)
- Level 4 Certificate in Facilities Management (24 credits)
- Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management (48 credits) - forms a pathway in Higher Level Apprenticeship in Facilities Management
- Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management Practice (47 credits) - forms a pathway in Higher Level Apprenticeship in Facilities Management
Training Course Content
To be qualified at QCF Level 4 and receive a IWFM qualification in Facilities Management, learners are required to complete one the following schemes:
- Level 4 Award: 1 mandatory units (6 credits) + additional 6 credits
- Level 4 Certificate: 2 mandatory units (12 credits) + additional 12 credits
- Level 4 Diploma: 5 mandatory units (29 credits) + additional 19 credits
Mandatory Units and QCF credit value
- Overview of facilities management (6): Award, Certificate and Diploma
- Understanding facilities management strategy (3): Diploma
- Understanding people management in facilities management (8):Diploma
- Understanding facilities management support services operations (6): Diploma
- Managing health and safety in own area of facilities management (6): Certificate & Diploma
- Understanding risk management in facilities management(6)
- Understanding financial management in facilities management(6)
- Understanding the business organisation and its impact on facilities management(6)
- Understanding performance measurement in facilities management(3)
- Understanding leadership and management in facilities management(6)
- Understanding the management of information and knowledge in facilities management(3)
- Understanding facilities management projects(6)
- Developing relationships with suppliers and specialists in facilities management
- Understanding quality management in facilities management(3)
- Managing customer service in facilities management(4)
- Understanding property and asset management for facilities managers(4)
- Understanding property, fabric and building services maintenance for facilities managers(8)
- Understanding space management for facilities managers(3)
- Understanding sustainability and environmental issues and the impact on facilities management(3)
- Understanding energy and utilities management in facilities management(3)
- Understanding procurement and contract management for facilities management(3)
The cost of the IWFM qualification programme will depend on the size of qualification chosen (Award, Certificate, Diploma) and the choice of centre delivering the course. You can choose your study mode and location from over 20 IWFM centres around the UK.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IWFM (The Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management)
The IWFM is a community of over 17,000 workplace and facilities management professionals. We share best practice and knowledge with the profession and support our member’s professional development through internationally recognised, regulated qualifications, short courses and training. All Institute of Workplace...
Find out more about this IWFM Level 4 Qualifications - Award, Certificate & Diploma in Facilities Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!