Level 3 Diploma in Work-Based Animal Care
This full-time or part-time City & Guilds Level 3 Work-based Animal Care course is ideal if you've worked in animal care for some time or are working in or towards a supervisory role or have previously completed a level 2. You want to show that you have the skills you need to do your job well, perhaps as part of your professional development or to prepare for higher-level training.
Upcoming start dates
Suitability - Who should attend?
The following information provides students with the entry requirements for this particular course.
- GCSEs in Maths and English at Grade 4 or higher, plus ideally GCSE Science at grade 4 or higher
- Level 2 in animal related qualification and/or significant experience within the industry
- Employment part-time or apprenticeship or voluntary placement within the animal industry
- Candidates must be in a supervisory role or working towards
- Provide a suitable reference from the workplace
Training Course Content
Learners will gain practical skills, develop sound working practices, and essential industry knowledge.
Example of Units Taught
- Manage the work of volunteers
- Plan, supervise and control the movement of animals
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security of the workplace
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the accommodation of animals
Why choose Writtle University College
Ranked Top University-Sector Institution in East Anglia for overall student satisfaction!
*Based on NSS 2022 Based on Taught Data
Beautiful rural campus situated close to the city of Chelmsford, 40 minutes from London and the coast.
- Per year: £2,277
- Total cost: £4,554
You may wish to progress onto further learning within Higher Education. You could study courses such as:
- Certificate or Diploma of Higher Education in Animal Studies/Management/Science
- BSc (Hons) in Animal Science
- BSc (Hons) in Animal Management
On completion, it is likely that you will enter the industry by working within an animal welfare organisation, a veterinary practice, a wildlife park or perhaps a business such as a pet store, feed company or dog grooming salon. As you will have gained a breadth and depth of skills and knowledge over a wide range of units, you could progress within work to the following roles:
- Animal Centre/Unit Manager
- Pet Store Manager
- Kennel & Cattery Supervisor/Manger
- Trainee zoo keeper
- Student Veterinary Nurse
Writtle University College
Writtle University College offers a range of land-based, design and sport courses at various levels of academic study including Postgraduate, Undergraduate, Further Education, Short Courses and Apprenticeships. We also provide students with the options of being able to study certain...