Project managers oversee a project through to its successful completion. During the process they identify and manage risks, ensure clear communication with the necessary people, and carefully manage the budget and resources. Developing the necessary skills to become a project manager will help you to enter this competitive and rewarding career.
Some of the many skills that good project managers need are:
- Interpersonal skills for leading a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisational and multi-tasking ability
- Capability to monitor and control budgets
- Excellent time management
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- A working knowledge of project management software or tools.
So, if you are looking to enter a new career, or transition into project management from an existing career, why not browse our top 10 project management courses of 2022 and start your learning journey today?
PRINCE2 Foundation is an internationally-recognised and well respected entry-level project management certification.
Completing the Foundation course will help you to understand the PRINCE2 Principles, Themes, Processes and Tailoring. It will also teach you the various techniques and roles that are required during a PRINCE2 project.
Learning247's unique instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations will allow you to develop skills based on real world scenarios and prepare you for your exams in a way that fits around your schedule.
This popular course from Acudemy Ltd provides the skills and knowledge needed for the PRINCE2® exams. Based on the latest international standard for management, this course will provide you with a solid basis for adopting, understanding and applying PRINCE2® in all your projects.
- Themes: Business Case, organisation, quality, plans, risk, change and progress
- Starting up, directing and initiating a Project Process
- Controlling a Stage Process
- Managing a Product Delivery Process
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process
- Closing a Project Process
- Tailoring The PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner To The Project Environment
Upon completion, you will be awarded a Prince2® Foundation & Practitioner Awarded by Axelos Limited.
This PRINCE2® Foundationcourse from IT Online Learning is a prerequisite to the subsequent PRINCE2® Practitioner course. It is suitable for anybody looking to work in the project sector or existing project sector workers.
Upon completion of the course, candidates will receive a PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner certification.
As many organisations require project management professionals to be PMP certified, this course is designed for people who plan to take the PMP exam.
Through exam practice sessions, workshops, and overnight study, you will learn essential PMBOK® Guide terminology, tools and techniques needed to pass the PMP exam.
- Deciphering the PMBOK® Guide Structure
- The Initiating Processes
- The Planning Process
- The Executing Processes
- The Monitoring and Controlling Processes
- The Closing Processes
- Planning for the Exam
- Professional Responsibility and Ethics
Do you want to:
- Develop the skills, flexibility and confidence to deliver your projects in a timely manner?
- Understand the theory, terminology and practices of Project Management?
This 1-day Masterclass includes a series of workshops to help Executive PAs - or those aspiring to become an Executive PA - become more effective in their role. The course will show you how to manage projects successfully, review management software and help you to minimise risk.
Attendees will receive the ILM Certificate on completion of the programme at an extra cost.
Are you an aspiring Project Manager looking to develop your skills and knowledge of PRINCE2?
This thorough course from Balance Global will help you:
- Ensure you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method.
- Work effectively within an environment supporting PRINCE2
- Work effectively with or as a member of a project management team
Upon completion, you will be awarded a Peoplecert/AXELOS PRINCE2 Foundation Certification.
Construction project managers need to balance the key constraints of time, quality and cost in the context of building functionality and sustainability requirements.
This popular 2-day course from Chartered Institute of Building demonstrates project management best practice tools and techniques across the whole project lifecycle.
You will learn:
- to apply a disciplined and controlled approach to construction projects
- to interact more effectively within your project teams, with clients and other stakeholders
- Introduction to the principles of Project Management for Construction and Development
- Preparing the strategy – Inception, Feasibility, Strategy, Pre-construction Project need
- Executing the strategy – Construction, Testing & Commissioning
- Managing the output – Completion, handover and operation, Post-completion review and In Use
Designed to give participants a deeper understanding of the PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) project management methodology, this course is suitable for those working in (but not managing) a PRINCE2-focused team.
During this effective and relevant course, you will learn how to apply the theory and concepts in the most effective and beneficial way by working with ‘live’ project examples to develop useful outputs.
This course has two levels:
1. Foundation level
2. Practitioner level
Suitable for heavy lift specialists, engineers, shipping managers, project directors or project supply chain professionals, this popular course from Lloyd's Maritime Academy can help you gain the skills and knowledge to advance your career.
Learn the role of heavy lift and project cargo activities in the marine industry.
- Introduction to the Heavy Lift Sector
- Heavy Lift Fundamentals
- Heavy Lift Operations
- Using Heavy Lift Equipment
- Health and Safety
- Project Management
Upon completion, participants will be awarded a Certificate in Heavy Lift from Lloyd's Maritime Academy.
If you have previous experience of project management in construction and you are looking to develop your skills to the next level, then this course is for you!
This Certificate in Construction Project Management will help you plan, organise and control construction operations, and the undertaking of initial feasibility studies through to design, construction, maintenance, refurbishment and demolition.
- The legal framework for construction projects
- Construction technology and environmental services
- Understanding the Client’s requirements
- Feasibility Studies and Option Appraisals
- Project process and procedures
- Procurement and tendering
- Team working, Management and Leadership Skills
- Risk management
- Project Finances and their management
- Contract practice and administration
- Project audit and evaluation
Looking for more Project Management training courses?
Use our search engine and filters to find the learning option you need, today.