At Able Skills we have devised a training package for those of you who may be considering a career in Bathroom installation but who want to be able to provide a fuller service which will save both time and money.What Youll Learn
You will undertake training across 3 key areas:
During the Plumbing aspect of this training we will ensure that you have received training in:
- Practical health and safety
- Plumbing systems and fittings
- Soldering techniques
- Jointing, bending and pressure testing copper tube
- Dealing with valves, taps, cisterns
- Plumbing pipework
The week of Tiling training will ensure that you are competent in both wall and floor tiling and you will learn:
- Setting out your tiling work
- Explaining all the different adhesives used for different surfaces
- Demonstrating all the tools required
- Cutting tiles using wet tile cutters, dry tile cutters, tile scribes, tile snips and tile saws
- Explaining tiling involving Borders, Diamonds and Patterns
- How to cut around windows and reveals
- How to cope with tiling difficult areas such as uneven walls
- How to tile socketed areas
- How to tile splash-backs
Plastering can be a tough subject to master but this week of training will ensure that you have the skills to prepare any bathroom you are working in so that the finished product is completely satisfactory to any of your customers. You will be taught:
- To cut and fix plaster board to walls and ceilings
- To tape standard and internal joints
- To cut and fix angle beads around windows and reveals
- To prepare surfaces before plastering using bonding plaster and finishing plaster, ensuring a flat finished surface ready for decorating
- To mix plastering materials
- To skim walls
- To skim ceilings
- To apply PVA adhesive Unibond to existing surfaces.
This course is an intensive 3 weeks of practical, hands on training and you will be entirely work shop based, following instruction and guidance from your tutors. Each course is designed to take you through the introductory steps to provide you with the basic skills to undertake the task in hand.Courses Open To You After
If you decide that you would like to specialise and achieve qualifications in a particular area, you could consider upgrading to any of the longer course qualifications that we have available. You may want to expand your tiling skills to cover other aspects such as the use of natural stone products, you may want to build on your plastering to ensure that you have the skills to tackle larger areas or you may want to understand aspects of plumbing which require you to hold a level 2 qualification. Whatever you decide, Able Skills can provide you with a training option to suit.Additional Info
The 3 subjects can be completed in 3 consecutive weeks, you can break them in to 3 separate weekly blocks or you can consider training at the weekends.
You can use the skills gained from this bathroom installation course to work on your own project indoors or you can consider offering these complete services to othersDuration & Cost
This is a 3 Week course and the cost is £995.00 including vat. A deposit of £300.00 will secure a booking with the balance payable over the period of the training.
Able Skills are accredited training providers delivering qualification training from City & Guilds, Construction Awards Alliance, EAL, CITB for gas training and assessment and NICEIC and BPEC for Renewable Technologies. Able Skills are amongst the few training providers who can offer...
Find out more about this Bathroom Fitting Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!